View Full Version : Emirates Open Day in Nov

baggie2
22nd Oct 2003, 09:29
Hi there!

I'm planning to go to Dubai next month for the Emirates Open Day interview. Has anyone been thru it before ? I have no idea what to expect thus anyone advice, tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and have a nice day!

qfmike737
22nd Oct 2003, 19:55
WILL there be any LAUNCH celebrations for the First Emirates Flight into Brisbane this Monday???? Party? Photo calls etc?

Please get back to me

Ciao GUYS!

crazysapphire
26th Oct 2003, 22:20
Hi,

I cant help much here but heard a few info regardings interviews held in Dubai...the screening part is the same like most countries but heard English tests will be done twice.all i can say is good luck coz its really a toughie due other applicants come from all over the world..... well, this is wat i heard from my friend who's been all the way there, n waiting for the reply...i have thought of going there too but am not really sure if I myself could be successful....all the best to u baggie!!!!let us know wat's ur outcome...

Cheers

Jewel
27th Oct 2003, 18:16
Sydney has been added to the open day list for November! Now its Brisbane, Perth and Sydney. :ok:

meisu2000
27th Oct 2003, 19:27
Why don't you apply online first and come to join the interview in Bangkok?? The air ticket to Bangkok is more inexpensive than the ticket to Dubai. The interviewers said they will come to Bangkok again on December so please prepare yourself!! :ok:

crazysapphire
27th Oct 2003, 22:20
Hi

Meisu,

I been reading this forum for some time, n my, u r a very ambitious gal....wish u best of luck!!!... i was also invited just recently by Emirates abt 3 weeks ago , and got eliminated at first round...Its been my 3rd time n results is the same:( ...by the way, i had prev called EK HR if I could be invited to other asia region for interview but were rejected and was told to wait for the recruitment to came to your own city..

I must say this forum is one of the best I've ever come across...so many experiences to be shared!!

Cheers

meisu2000
28th Oct 2003, 13:08
Hi Crazysapphire,

Please don't be sad!! I think everyone can learn and grow up from his/her experience and I think if you don't give up and try to find some mistakes from your previous experience then improve it, you are actually successful in one day!! :ok:

I agree that this forum give me a lot of useful informations and moral support from friends from different countries and nationalities but we have the same dream .. I am so lucky to know PPRuNe Forum!! :O

amyyma13
28th Oct 2003, 17:06
I am still in shock.

I went to my first interview in March this year and was unsuccessful. I went to my second try 2 weeks ago and I received a call today saying that I was successful and I fly out next week.

Everyone on this site has been amazing and I will be thinking of everyone next week at the Australian Interviews.

Cheers;) :D ;) :D

ferris
28th Oct 2003, 17:13
Congrats. You'll love it here.

BTW a good lesson in persistence! To all the other wannabe's- don't lose heart! EK have an enormous need for crew ( a new aircraft every month from next April- a new aircraft every month for the next seven years! )

crazysapphire
28th Oct 2003, 22:21
Hi Hi,

Thanx for the words of wisdom, Meisu...Of coz, i felt disappointed at first but Im still going to try again :p ..Its true wat u said that u'll learn from experience..nevertheless, I've made lots of new friends during interviews n now found new friends in this forum.

To Amyyma13,

Congrats to u!...u must be pretty excited to be in Dubai, heard its a nice place to be in..

To the rest, thanx once again for the encouragement, without u guys, i would have definitely lose hope...:)

Cheers

gege
29th Oct 2003, 00:36
Congrats!

I'am a new poster here, but I have the same dream as most of you...flying out to Dubai one day.

This forum has given me a lot of info... can't wait until my six months are over....

crazysapphire
30th Oct 2003, 22:02
Hi Hi,

I just saw the cabin crew open days in Singapore...anyone had any ideas what to expect as its the first time Emirates holds open day in Singapore. Thanx in advance!

Cheers