PDA

View Full Version : Dummy Tanks

Pontius Navigator
22nd Oct 2003, 05:02
Anyone know where to get dummy tanks or full-scale sillouettes?

Bill O'Average
22nd Oct 2003, 05:56
You could try prowling around Salisbury plain in the early hours of the morning. If you take a walk about 2500ms from the range hut, you will find a plentiful supply. Careful what you tread on though.

LunchMonitor
22nd Oct 2003, 15:03
There used to be inflatables available from Hullavington but that was quite a while ago.

Sideshow Bob
22nd Oct 2003, 17:07
Try the Paint Shop at Benson, they look after all the dummies now.

PTT
22nd Oct 2003, 17:33
If you want to get REALLY realistic then there's a load of burned out hulks scattered around the Iraqi desert.

Of course, you'd need to offset the transport costs and the radiation poisoning (from the depleted uranium) against your profits...

Vage Rot
4th Nov 2003, 22:12
Take 200 old newspapers and 20 gallons of solvite, a pair of Val's old knickers (available off the internet at £9.99 - allegedly!).

It should then be a simple matter to fashion a lifelike tank from bits of old fluff, papiermache and the green stuff from a crewroom coffee mug!

donald stott
5th Nov 2003, 02:43
According to a newspaper article, last year I believe, the Army lost a dummy tank in Wales. Some OTC people discovered it in a gorge after a severe storm. Don't quote me but the cost was something in the region of £5000.

I had a look at an RAF owned dummy tank on exercise and I am sure myself and a few friends could knock up a better dummy tank, on a Friday afternoon before happy hour, for as little as £500.

I can assure you that the money would be spent behind the bar on alcohol and a jumbo sized packet of Ready Salted crisps.

(I am also contemplating making a cannon that fires crap beer cans). Not sure how much this will cost. :}

Pontius Navigator
5th Nov 2003, 04:00
Thanks all.

Don't think I didn't think of one-owner used tanks in fetching sand colour.

The lost tank was actually an air force one but it was the army that lost it.

Benson sounds a good bet I'll try that.