PDA

View Full Version : Bah Vs Dxb

reverserunlocked
21st Oct 2003, 22:04
If you had to choose either - which would it be?

Cheers

RU

gulf clubber
22nd Oct 2003, 03:46
Depends on the reason for your question, but if you are considering living there DXB, IMO wins hands down on a lot of counts!

reverserunlocked
22nd Oct 2003, 09:42
Yes perhaps I should have expanded on that a little more.

I lived in Dubai about four years ago and really liked it. I may have the opportunity to go to Bahrain to live and work at some point next year and was wondering how it compared...

gulf clubber
23rd Oct 2003, 00:12
Certainly Bharain is one of the more preferrable locations in the Gulf States and has a lot of social plusses for the Expat (Booze available in hotels and restaurants, tolerant multicultural environment...in many respects similar to Dubai). However in my opinion, and this depends on how long you anticipate bring there, it can become a tad claustrophobic. It is connected to Saudi Arabia (Dammam) via a causeway, but you can only gain access with a sponsored business visa (why anyone would want to go their for any other reason defies the imagination!). Dubai gives you good access to get out into the other Emirates, visit Wadis, go Dune Bashing, Horse Racing, play Golf etc etc.
You coud even drive through the desert highway into Oman some beautiful scenery there. So my personal top 3 of the Gulf states for expats would be 1. Dubai (UAE) 2. Oman 3. Bahrain.