PDA

View Full Version : Ezy5008 19/10

Bob Brown
21st Oct 2003, 20:25
Does anyone know whatthe delay was on this flight?
I was on this flight and all I could make out was that the cabin crew were complaining that they had had a 13 hour day (on call then being called out after 4 hours) but no reason for the delay.

FlapsOne
21st Oct 2003, 22:42
Yes.

Some significant aircraft documentation problems, caused by an overnight error, had resulted in a knock-on delay throughout the day.

The aircraft was delayed initially whilst the documentation was corrected.

Also, there was a medical emergency inbound to LGW on the previous flight, which, although relatively minor as it turned out, resulted in a further delay whlst the paramedics did their stuff.

The Cabin Crew, although they perhaps should have been a little quieter about their problems, had completed a bl00dy long day, which was complicated by several niggling difficulties throughout.

Stampe
21st Oct 2003, 23:22
Hey Bob out of interest what did you pay for your ticket??.Was it enough to warrant an on schedule flight!!.No frill carriers can be stunningly cheap but it amuses me when my company sends me by one, pays a fortune (short notice) then finds I,m late .Then I discover I could have flown for less money with a proper"full service" carrier and enjoyed a much more pleasant travelling experience.Hopefully the regular travelling public are wising up to "no frill" carriers.They are only worth travelling with if the ticket is "bus fare " type money.:ok:

Bob Brown
22nd Oct 2003, 00:32
Thanks FlapsOne.
I am not having a pop at them, they did a good job. I was just curious as to the reason for the delay having had no information whilst in the terminal or on the flight.

We booked a few months ago and paid £35 return each. Going out Sat Morning and back Sun Eve. Someone else on the flight who booked on Saturday for a round trip on Sunday paid £210.

For the price it was good value, they just need to ensure that communication is maintained with their customers especially in the lounge area.
The bar (only place for food and drink) closed before we were even ready to start boarding, the plane had been delayed and delayed with no information other than "Due to late arrival of the inbound aircraft"
How much loger did we have to wait, should we eat/drink or wait? We did not know.

FlapsOne
22nd Oct 2003, 02:36
Bob

I agree entirely.

There is no reason why pax could not have been properly informed. Whether the problem was at the EZ end or the Agent's end I do not know.

It's still no excuse and should be sorted.

Rgds

why me?
24th Oct 2003, 06:21
Bob

The aircraft was delayed on an earlier sector (LGWMAD) as a result of an error involving the aircraft performance manuals and the time taken to resolve the issue.

Why this error occurred we don't know, however the EZY contractors responsible for aircraft documentation are investigating as a matter of course...this was not the only aircraft to be effected and consequently delayed!

This does not however excuse the poor communication from the EZY handling agents in ZRH (Jet Air) or go any way in meeting easyJet's pledge to provide on-time, accurate information to the customer.

Rgds

Loftie
24th Oct 2003, 22:21
Stampe, couldn't have put it better myself.