PDA

View Full Version : Light plane crash - two dead

flyboy-nz
21st Oct 2003, 14:41
Just heard there was a light plane crash just south of auckland, claiming two lives..

Any info as it comes about would be appreciated. very sad indeed

** edit 7:54 pm**

Two Dead In Light Plane Crash
21/10/2003 07:38 PM
NewstalkZB News

Two men have been killed in a light plane crash south of Auckland.

Emergency services rushed the scene near Pukekohe, where the plane came down.

The area is used for pilot training, but it is not known yet what kind of flight the plane was on.

Local resident Elizabeth Mills was outside when she heard the aircraft.

She says she heard the engine cut, and then an almighty bang.

Ambulance crews confirm two young men are dead at the scene.

splatgothebugs
21st Oct 2003, 15:05
It's never nice when somebody has their life cut short.

Condolences to the families:( and all that know the two on board.

Sqwark2000
21st Oct 2003, 15:55
unconfirmed details suggest an Auckland Aero Club dual sortie.

An unhappy week for the AAC with Nola Pickards (Tiger Moth crash) funeral planned for Friday.

always inverted
22nd Oct 2003, 15:28
The accident happened in Ararimu.
Checked the herald this arvo and updated repost said that the next of kin had been notified, the 2 mid 20 year old pilots were from AAC, A. Spick and the other was Dean- a resident on the field, Anthony was a safe pilot and definately didn't deserve that- neither of them did, thats 4 for the aac in a week, very, very sad as I knew 3 of the 4 well.

My thoughts are with the families.

For those that haven't heard the funeral for Mike and Nola Pickard is on this Friday at 1100 at the Warbirds hangar.

Cypher
23rd Oct 2003, 14:31
Funeral for Anthony is at 1100 on Saturday, same venue

and for Dean at 1500, Saturday..

:(

Anthony was a really neat person to be around who's enthusiasm for aviation was infectious..
I never would have known that night in the AKL city viaduct 2 weeks ago, on the turps would have been the last time I saw you around. Farewell.. May there be blue skies for you where ever you are..

NoseGear
23rd Oct 2003, 15:08
Two small planes go down in New Zealand and the repercussions echo around the world.

My wife and I send our deepest condolances to the families, friends and colleagues of Nola, Mike, Anthony and Dean.

Nosey and family
Hong Kong
Auckland Aero Club members

Kermit 180
23rd Oct 2003, 16:42
Having worked with Anthony and closely known Dean, Mike and Nola, this week has been extremely hard on everyone at Auckland Aero Club. Your condolances are all comforting at this difficult time, and if you wish you may send your thoughts and condolances by email for inclusion in condolance books at the club by emailing [email protected].

Mike and Nola's service is at the Warbirds hanger 11am Friday 24th October, Anthony Spick's at 11am Saturday 25th, and Dean Wilson's the same day at 3pm. Refreshments will be available at the Club rooms after each service.

Rest In Peace and fly free, Spickster.

xelophab
7th Nov 2003, 06:06
I flew with Spick, a great instructor, great pilot and a very good guy.

Keep Soaring Spick!