PDA

View Full Version : What are Emirates like as a carrier

Jerricho
20th Oct 2003, 23:30
Time for the yearly slog home down under.

We're trying Emirates this year, and I was after a few thoughs/experiences.

More importantly.......................can I get a beer inflight?

Thank you!

AIRWAY
20th Oct 2003, 23:37
Hi Jerricho,

Was thinking the same thing. I will be trying Emirates during February on my way down to Australia/Sydney, A340-500 :}

Well i never flown with them, but i have heard they are very good, superb in-flight service, very young fleet of aircraft.

Does anyone know by any change the flight time approx ( direct ) from Dubai to Sydney? I know currently they go via Singapore but they will start direct flights i think from December

Many Thanks

Jerricho
20th Oct 2003, 23:49
Hey Airway,

Thanks for the reply. I have heard good things about them as well. Normally I'm a huge advocate of MAS or JAL (Not QANTAS/BA...never forgive them b@stards for my honeymoon!), but leaving it late like the d!ck that I am, availability and prices to Bris-vegas are a killer.

And (broken record time)..........CAN I GET A BEER INFLIGHT???

AIRWAY
21st Oct 2003, 00:03
Well mind you, with so many airlines flying to Australia nowadays prices should be reduced than normal, so i hope. :rolleyes:

Singapore Airlines has a great service as well and their prices are reasonable good.

Cant you survive a "couple" of hours without a beer mate? :ok: :}

Jerricho
21st Oct 2003, 00:39
I know it does sound pathetic, but there is a reason.

Doors to Automatic - Mrs Jerricho falls asleep until food is presented to her, then falls asleep again. Unfortunately, I can't. After a couple of ours of playing with the IFE, reading the inflight mag cover to cover twice, I get a little bored. I find a little tipple is the only chance I have of even attempting to get comfortable.

It avoids my 6 hours sense of humour failure (once again, pathetic I know!).

surely not
21st Oct 2003, 00:47
Fret ye not Jerricho, a beer, fine wines and shorts all available on Emirates. Plus some of the loveliest cabin crew it has ever been my luck to be served by. Leg room isn't bad and the seats comfortable enough to encourage a bit of shut eye.

Currently about 15 hours via Singapore plus a one hour stop on the ground, so direct should be a good bit shorter.

I'm sure you'll have a better than average flight............and no I don't work for them!

Jerricho
21st Oct 2003, 01:05
:ok: :ok: :ok:

Surely not.............you have made my day. Thank you very, very much!

Jordan D
21st Oct 2003, 20:12
Emirates are excellent. That's all that needs to be said.

Jordan

reverserunlocked
21st Oct 2003, 22:02
I've travelled with Emirates in both economy and business and they are excellent. Good food, good wine and the newest and most modern fleet you could ask for.

The only problem is the price - they tend to be a least double the price of a ticket with KLM, LH, BA etc.

Jerricho
22nd Oct 2003, 00:11
Thank you Jordan A man of few words.....I like it.

Globaliser
22nd Oct 2003, 06:27
Only one major thing to look out for - the 10-abreast 777. I really don't know why they spoil the economy product with this layout.

gulf_slf
30th Oct 2003, 12:44
EK tend to be good (Cabin Service) on the European routes however the South Asian flights are indifferent for service.

Seats are uncomfortable in Y for long periods of time.

I am unsure how they comapare to SQ these days, who were always attentive and efficient.

As a further thought have you considered Sri Lanakan via Colombo...

Full marks for friendliness & service ...they are managed and 40% owned by EK...however the parent company has a lot to learn from UL

UMM ! Need to check if they re-started their Australian services.....