PDA

View Full Version : Denied Boarding Compensation

Rwy in Sight
20th Oct 2003, 23:27
Hello everybody,

I am trying to figure out a question about the new legislation to be introduced by the EU in regards the denied boarding compensation.

I think IATA laid out in the past some rules and amounts for pax denied boarding. US airlines followed those. Does any one remember the amounts involved?

Also does any one know the amounts the EU wants to impose? I know it depends on length of travel? I have checked the EU site but the amounts are still in ECU.

Many thanks for your assistance

Rwy in Sight

glynn-kayes
21st Oct 2003, 03:22
Iata ruling currently states that within europe,anyone denied on a flight due to overbooking should be compensated a a rate of EUR75.00.According to various sources DBC will be no more after 2005 as overbooking will be made illegal,however,a compensation rate of GBP145.00 is rumoured for british airlines for a passenger on a flight that is cancelled.I dont know how this will be applied thought as a lot of cancellations are out of the airlines control ie,weather strikes war and the like...Hope this answers some of your questions......

Vapor
23rd Oct 2003, 04:31
I think it's just for overbooked flights and doesn't apply to flight cancellations.