PDA

View Full Version : Shock news for Tony Blair.........

Grimweasel
20th Oct 2003, 03:56
After seeing the news this evening it would appear that the PM has been admitted to hospital with an irregular heartbeat......

One wonders if it was Gordon's idea of taxing house sale profit or maybe he learnt that the Nimrod was once again delayed.

Rumour has it that he read the movers vs loadies thread and was shocked by the low state of inter-trade love!!

Other theories invited..........

A Civilian
20th Oct 2003, 04:09
Tony just found out that 'his' recent son is in fact and Cherie Blairs & George Michael's love child :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38109000/jpg/_38109843_michael150.jpg

I_stood_in_the_door
20th Oct 2003, 04:22
most definitely the nimrod, weasel old chap.

had a good weekend - hows the new look?

A.N.

xxx

:8

Whipping Boy's SATCO
20th Oct 2003, 13:51
One would presume that, of the six hours he spent in hospital, five and a half was in a queue? :=

D-IFF_ident
20th Oct 2003, 15:03
Tony Blair has a heart? Crikey.

Scud-U-Like
20th Oct 2003, 19:40
For a man who attained his position as Party Leader through the untimely coronary demise of his predecessor, surely the irony of the moment wasn't lost on Blair. Must have been a scare, though, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone (even him).

FEBA
20th Oct 2003, 22:34
WBS
Actually it was on a trolley
FEBA

BillHicksRules
21st Oct 2003, 00:19
D-IFF_ident,

You there before me.

Next they will be telling us he has a brain.

Cheers

BHR

BEagle
21st Oct 2003, 00:27
Even though I don't care for him or the gang of phonies in power right now, I do think that taking the pi$$ out of anyone admitted to hospital with a heart condition is a bit off side....

Bill O'Average
21st Oct 2003, 00:43
Err, why beags?:O

A Civilian
21st Oct 2003, 01:58
Ive just been listening to the radio and a callin talker had an interesting theory. We all know how politicans do their best to squash any talk on health issues, can anyone remember when a prior PM vistited a hospital? We all know they must do it at sometime and yet they never speak of it we cant have an ill PM can we otherwise the voters will replace him with a healthy one ;) Yet here we have a man who's gone out of his way to tell the people that he's been to the hospital but everythings okey dokey. :ok:

Is this nothing more than a lame attempt to push up his rating? I think we should be told.

Edit:

You see even Beagles has fallen for it :suspect:

FJJP
21st Oct 2003, 02:47
Where I work I see the aftermath of people who have had devastating news - it's not pleasant, I can assure you. I don't like President Tony or his politics [I am diametrically opposed to their views], but I wish him well for the future. I would not like to see him suffer from any further heart problems. He and his family have my full sympathy in this, his most difficult period. I do not believe that this has been staged to gain the sympathy vote. I fully agree with Beagle' sentiments and would suggest that this thread is terminated right now before it gets more offensive.

Grimweasel
21st Oct 2003, 03:29
FJJP,
No malice meant just a bit of black humour!
PS How is ADUX these days? Haven't heard from him in a while!

E.J.C
21st Oct 2003, 15:55
Hey guys... what the news didnt tell you, was that before the decision to put all our forces at superstretch, cancel leave, send them to parts sandy, hot & dicey.....etc...etc..ad nauseum....

was that Tony Blair had a heart bypass... surgeons are reported to have said "With virtually no heart at all, the op was over very quickly."

Pity that the same couldnt be said about the ops that all our crews are on!! c'est la vie.

Jackonicko
21st Oct 2003, 17:05
Isn't all this just 'banter'? Isn't banter always a bit cruel and a bit 'black'?

In any case, when Blair has been so eager to push youth and fitness as being not just relevant to politics, but has also presented himself as a young, fit, vigorous 'guy' then the irony of age and stress catching up with the smug cretin is just too delicious to ignore.

JohnB
21st Oct 2003, 17:16
As one who has had the same problem for over 6 years and being alot younger than the president (depsite what other might say - I had a very long paper round!!) can't really see what all the fuss is about.

Yes it is worrying to start with and does have a deterimental effect on your career if serving but as all the doctors have said - its not life threatening.

Having a heart problem is a good way to jump the queue in casualty though

Training Risky
21st Oct 2003, 17:20
When he stops trying to sell this country to Brussels, I'll have more sympathy for him.

Same goes for the day my elderly parents get adequate health care.

I_stood_in_the_door
21st Oct 2003, 19:04
why does it take mr blair 5 hours for a complete heart check (a new record by nhs standards perhaps?) when it takes us mere mortals almost that long to get to see a doctor in a & e?

good to see us all treated as equals in todays classless society.

new labour?

sympathy for this man is ill directed - his murmuring heart (if indeed he has got one) probably didn't miss a beat over the dr kelly incident.

the man is dangerous and should be hounded out asap or our countrys identity, infrastructure and lifestyle will be devasted.

and no doubt the doctor wasa hired gun from sth africa, america or where ever we go to boost our figures.

:mad:

Letsby Avenue
22nd Oct 2003, 14:10
Always 'Better Dead than Red':cool:

5KSTROP
20th Dec 2003, 22:57
:O :) :D ohhhh lighten up FJJP I'm sure the wretched weasil was only mocking a serious side of life. which to get by you should try maybe things wouldn't appear so terrible from up there if ya had an inner smile, obviously no malice intended towards your good self, but you should never have joined if you can't tke a laugh its whta gets the rest of the forces by your not one of the 3% ru thats it smile;)