PDA

View Full Version : How to obtain an Irish AOC?

goflyit
20th Oct 2003, 02:40
Hello all,

Certainly not the right category, but didn't have a clue where to post it.

The title says it all really, so if you happen to have any documents, links or any other info (ie: time frame, restrictions, minimum capital, etc..), they will be welcome.

I am looking for the 'administrative' (paperwork) procedures, not the technical ones (Ireland being JAR compliant).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,
Goflyit

Cyrano
20th Oct 2003, 15:13
See the Irish Aviation Authority Website (www.iaa.ie) under Safety -> Operating Standards -> AOC Application Process.

It says:

Operating Standards
AOC Application Process

The IAA has a well defined process for dealing with applications for Air Operators certificates. This process is explained to prospective applicants in detail at a preliminary application meeting.

An undertaking which wishes to proceed with an application for an AOC should apply to the following address for an information pack. A non-refundable fee of €250 should accompany the application which will be offset against the total fee levied for investigations and work completed by the IAA in respect of the AOC application.

Operating Standards Department
Safety Regulation Division
Aviation House
Hawkins Street
Dublin 2
Ireland

Tel: +353-1-6031540
Fax: +353-1-6774460

Hope this helps.

DCDriver
20th Oct 2003, 20:47
it always used to be through donating a large, bulky brown envelope to a certain ex-PM....

charterguy
21st Oct 2003, 18:38
If you like corn flakes for breakfast, I suggest you start collecting the tokens on the box. I heard they can be redeemed for an Irish AOC. :ok:

goflyit
21st Oct 2003, 20:56
>If you like corn flakes for breakfast ...

LOL ;)

Seriously, anybody have any generic info? I know about the process with the CAA(uk) & DGAC (fr). Wondering about IE without having to fork out loads of $$$ just to get an idea :uhoh:

Heck, I'm not applying for an AOC (mind you at 250Euros it would be a great deal !), I just want some publicly available info.

Or, as mentionned DCDriver, maybe the process is deliberately obscure as to encourage BigBrownEnveloppes...

Cheers

Civil Servant
24th Oct 2003, 20:19
Buy an Irish airline.

or

Pay cash for an Irish airline to "host" on their AOC.

Phil Brockwell
31st Oct 2003, 15:43
What aircraft types, would me an idea on best way to proceed.

Phil

Wing Commander Fowler
21st Nov 2003, 19:44
Phil - it's never a good idea to post here after you come back from the pub....

:\