PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways Pilot Recruitment

EK
19th Oct 2003, 20:46
Hi everyone,

I've posted a topic on here before about this.

What's going on with the Pilot Recruitment at Qatar Airways? I noticed they had another advert in Flight International last week asking for Captains and F/O's.
I know the airline is expanding with new routes to Shanghai, Seoul, Tripoli, Vienna, Cebu and Singapore, and so they obviously need more flightcrew. Are they managing to get the people with experience, or is it worth while sending them a CV?
Who's the Flight Ops Director at Qatar Airways now?

drive a bus
20th Oct 2003, 00:06
Apply via their homepage, they´ll contact you, ........or not!

But do it now, because one german airbus carrier got bankrupt, with more than 300 guys unemployed now.

GFMO: Cpt. Al Siddiqi

jonlei
20th Oct 2003, 03:41
any idea what's the salary like for type rated a330 f/o? thks u\in adv.

jonlei

Jim Morehead
20th Oct 2003, 05:08
Can someone post the German carrier that was referred to and how many airplanes and how many pilots are not now working?

drive a bus
20th Oct 2003, 15:08
@ jonlei:

It should be around US $ 6000, all inclusive. With that you have to pay for your housing, car, pension ... As I heard, they have lots of layover, means they spend a lot of money during duty.

If you´re more interested, check the other (older) forums of Middle East.

@ jim:

The carrier is Aerolloyd. They had around 25 a/c (A320/A321) and 300 jockeys.

Land Recovery
21st Oct 2003, 04:36
The Salary for a F/O is QR 18900 ( 1 US $=3.65 QR)

Break Down as follows : Basic QR 12000
Housing 4500
Flying Allowance 2000
Transport 400

No annual increaments, utility allowance, pesion or Provident Fund. Recently introduced Licence Insurance for US $ 100,000 paid by the company. Per diem QR 10 / hour.

Children's schooling from age 4 till 18 years i.e 50% of the actual fee upto a limit of QR 1600/- for three children.

The cost of living is high in Doha and on the rise and the package does not cater for the inflation. Major expenditure housing and schooling.

Hope that answers some of the querries.

Falcon50driver
27th Oct 2003, 07:46
would it be an advantage to know people in high places to get a foot in the door at qatar airways?I have sent my cv about 2 weeks ago to someone who is very good friend and happens to be on the board of directors. He asked me to send it to him.

b808
27th Oct 2003, 09:26
I was wondering if it came down to Qatar Airways or Gulf Air, which one should one consider taking into account pay, benefits, working conditions and advancement opportunities.

I have interviews coming up for both, and although I rather wait for Emirates I may have to make a decision prior to any chance with Emirates.

Gulf Air's looking for their 767 right seat position, whick I am type rated with 1000 hour experience and
Qatar is for A320 which I am not typed and would certainly have to sign a BOND for.

Does Qatar upgrade from within and is there any movement to the widebody FO position possible!?

Any info and guidance would be much appreciated.

laury
27th Oct 2003, 21:04
They do supposedly upgrade within however it has been pretty slow of late.
A good friend of mine has just been offered a job. Still awaiting his start date. His total time 5350 hours. 2300 hours FO on A320. Paid for his command upgrade and now has a slot as a captain. No command experience on A320. Some command experience on turbo prop though.
Thought he may be offered an FO slot but was told he would get Command slot because has endorsement. He was told that this policy would apply to all those who hold a command endorsement.
To me it is unfair to those FOs I fly with. Some have more time than this yet remain as FOs.
Spoke to head of training the other day. Was told it gets down to cost and time frame at the moment and it may be a few years before upgrades are considered. Not his fault but directive comes from above.......MS
However was told that locals will be given priority on upgrade from now on and if they are up to speed will be given opportunity inside the current minimum requirements. A B s request.
Heres one for everyone. I know he warned us about our posts some 12 months ago but here goes.
Has a girl friend who up until recently was his employee. She now stays at the ... hotel and is on paid leave. He has been seen there most days!
Yesterday he was seen entering the hotel with a bouquet of flowers going to the 5th floor of the S......n.

INTERESTING.
I am still waiting to be tracked down so all those out there woried about any comments you post dont wory because I am still alive.