PDA

View Full Version : Missing tiedown kit - have you seen it?

Max Range
19th Oct 2003, 15:47
I am trying to find a tiedown kit that has gone missing out of VH-DBB, probably around Geelong, Moorabbin or Murray Bridge. It's in a small grey vinyl bag. The tie downs are quite unusual and should therefore be recognisable. They're round white plastic discs with three peg holes through each on an angle, with the ropes attached through the centre. The pegs are black plastic. No-one seems to know where they have got to and I would really like them back.
Can anyone help? Please PM me if you have seen them.
Thanks.:{

goldberg
20th Oct 2003, 14:25
Max,
I am holding your tie down kit hostage, the ransom is one million dollars. I will contact you within the next 48 hours. Remember if the police or any other authorities are notified your tie down kit will be dismantled and sent to you in pieces over several weeks. One small message from the kit to prove its servicability 'i miss you VH-DBB:{ '.

Big time thieves

Dale Harris
20th Oct 2003, 15:40
Any farmer who finds a sheep in one of his paddocks with a funny addition to it's scone might wanna contact you too..........

Max Range
21st Oct 2003, 06:52
Ha Ha Goldberg & Dale. Seriously though, someone must have seen it in the back of a plane or in a hangar somewhere. I just really liked that tiedown kit and apparently they are not made any more. (Obviously someone else really likes it too, to have souveniered it). Whoever has it hostage, you can keep the hammer, keep the emergency light and keep the windscreen cleaner, I just need the tie downs back......please!! :(

paddopat
21st Oct 2003, 07:48
Why would an N Model C172 need a tie down kit????

Pat

Desert Flower
21st Oct 2003, 10:01
Why would an N Model C172 need a tie down kit????

For the times when it is parked at an outback aerodrome where there are 40 knot winds blowing, that's why! Responsible pilots secure their aircraft, irresponsible ones don't. Just because it's full of fuel doesn't mean it won't go walkabout. I have seen an (unsecured) PA-28 do an almost complete 180 degree turn in a storm & park itself under the wing of a (secured) Partenavia. Even a DC3 can be moved by the wind.

Max Range, DBB was at my aerodrome back on the 27th of Sept. I had a good look around & couldn't find the tie downs.

DF.

gmallard
21st Oct 2003, 19:09
I HAVE IT HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

Max Range
21st Oct 2003, 20:36
Thanks for looking Desert Flower. It's gone to be somewhere.
Pat - you obviously haven't seen how a 172 can weathercock into strong wind when parked, even when tied down securely. Not to mention what the insurance company would have to say if it wans't tied down and then got blown into another aircraft.
Everybody please keep looking!
Thanks, Max.

QNIM
21st Oct 2003, 21:09
Hey Max
To many reds tonight I gather?
Cheers Q

Max Range
21st Oct 2003, 21:46
QNIM
You are a S***stirrer (but I guess you owe me one!).
The only reds are in the whites of my eyes from working long hours. :8

goldberg
28th Oct 2003, 11:21
Max Range,

While i'm sure that you can probably have some reds qnim can only handle one and at that stage not only is he a #$%@ stirrer he is also #$%^ faced.

QNIM
28th Oct 2003, 11:36
Now now Goldberg or is it Goldilocks
Tis not nice to say naughty things like that.
Cheers Q :ok:

Kiwi Flyer
31st Oct 2003, 18:37
Have seen a C180 clear a 9 foot security fence to end up on its back at NZCH, the C172 next it almost made it too! (does this prove a 180 outclimbs a 172?:p )

The thing was they were tied down on concrete blocks, and fairly sustantial ones at that, and they went with them! Now thats a good Canterbury Nor' Wester!:eek:

Seen C206's blown over, doesnt take much, and I've seen an Islander weather cocked through 40-50 degrees.

Who wouldnt tie their plane down?:confused:

KF