PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Air

what_goes_up
19th Oct 2003, 02:38
Hi Guys
Just wondering about the take home of a F/O A320 with wife and one child not yet in school. The latest info I have is about US$ 3500.- Is this still about correct or did it change in the meantime?

Pilotpay (http://www.ppjn.com/jgulfair.html) shows about 19254BHD which is about 4330 US$. Is this correct? How about the flight pay. What does this give per month?

Tks in advance
W_G_U

b808
19th Oct 2003, 04:24
The following is what Gulfair sends when they invite you to an interview via email.

""Regards, The Gulf Air Recruitment Team. List of Tax Free Salary and Allowances:
Figures are in AED and are monthly.
First Officers Basic 9780
Technical Allowance 1760
Comms Allowance 130
Transport Allowance 600
Marriage Allowance (if applicable) 415
Child Allowance (per child up to max 4 under 19 years old) 125
Housing Allowance: Married 6090
Single 5480
In addition to the above education allowances are paid up to a max of AED 26300 per annum per child up to a max of 4 children.""

I was unable to make the interview trip last month due to other obligations, but I was not contacted again for an interview. Does anyone know if I blew the chance for another interview date or who to call to ask for another date, Thanks

what_goes_up
19th Oct 2003, 15:53
b808

Thanks mate

Seems to be still the same as my figures.
Just sit and wait for the second call. Mine came two days ago for interview in November after not being able for interviews last week!

Cheers

airwaya457
30th Oct 2003, 21:05
Yes most of that is correct, and there is no pension, no loss of license insurance and the company medical facilities are well……….. You might want to take out a private heath policy.

The education allowance is paid up to a max of BD 2700 per annum per child but only if you have your children in boarding school (away from your base of employment).

The allowance if you have your children attending a school in Bahrain is BD 1660, this allowance will only pay for one term a year in any school in Bahrain, so you will have to pay for the other two terms. Apparently the UAE is even more expensive.