PDA

View Full Version : Cold during class 1

tom775257
19th Oct 2003, 02:11
Does anyone know the consequences of taking a class 1 medical with a cold. I feel fairly rough and my medical is on Tuesday so it is too late to move it.
Thanks,
Tom.

gingernut
20th Oct 2003, 21:10
Tom, I think they perform a test where you hold your nose, and try and clear your eustachian tubes whilst blowing. I'm no expert, but I should imagine this may be affected by copius amounts of snot (non medical term).

Besides, you are highly contagious in your present state !

tom775257
20th Oct 2003, 21:41
The lovely people at the CAA medical section were really helpful when I phoned; they re-scheduled my medical for free with only one days notice. If you check out this forum, many thanks.

Gingernut…yeah, I was fairly worried and really in no shape for the medical or to drive to Gatwick, however if it meant losing £411 if I didn’t go, I would have done it.

moosp
21st Oct 2003, 08:20
And have a thought for the poor AME who has to get within your aerosol range to carry out the medical. If you have a virus that you can transmit, stay home.

gingernut
21st Oct 2003, 16:14
Moosp, well said !

Would you mind having a word with the fourty two patients outside my door coughing and spluttering ?

strafer
21st Oct 2003, 16:19
Tom,

it was a good decision to re-book. I failed the hearing test on my initial class 1 due to a cold and had to retake the audigram 6 weeks later. As the CAA said, Kerchiiing!