View Full Version : New CEO for Australian Airlines

missleadfoot
18th Oct 2003, 17:06
The Cairns Post, October 18...

NEW CHIEF LEADS AIRLINE INTO FUTURE......

"A new chief executive officer has been appointed to lead Australian Airlines into it's second year of operations.

Andrea Staines, who has been acting in the role for five months, will take over from outgoing CEO Denis Adams.

Ms Staines said the low-cost international carrier would restore it's flight numbers to pre-SARS capacity within a month when the company takes delivery of a fifth aircraft next week.

Flight numbers to Japan and Hong Kong were reduced earlier in the year because of the declining number of passengers around the time of the war in Iraq and SARS.

"I will continue to grow Australian Airlines...the Cairns community has been terrific in the past 12 months," Ms Staines said.

"Cairns is a vital part of Australian Airlines' future and we keep in very close contact with the council, tourism and business sectors."

Mr Adams will assume the role of general manager of associated Qantas non airline businesses like Qantas holidays, freight and engineering."

leftoneprimary
21st Oct 2003, 15:23
here's hoping the uniform issues will be solved now that Ms Staines has a new role!!

AOskippy
22nd Oct 2003, 14:37
L1P,

I certainly hope the same. However, as far as I know, Andrea is really proud of our current uniform. There doesn't seem to be much hope to have them changed.

And I was told by the management, Dowd is overwhelmed by QF's uniform change, it's going to be a long wait before we get to wear the new material uniform.

Trollywally
22nd Oct 2003, 22:36
If Dowd are about to produce a couple of thousand new QF uniforms... Wouldnt it be cost effective to produce a couple of hundred more and fit out AO .. A big change I know but the bottom line is " cost effective" and isnt that what AO is all about?

V8trolley
22nd Oct 2003, 22:45
can i ask what is wrong with the uniform?

I've read else where that the main problem is the material - its too hot. Is this the case?

Other than the heat problem i think the uniform looks great although im not to sure on the aprons :suspect: but i guess i would learn to live with it if they were going to employ me :D . I love the jackets they look great. Only other thing i could think of would be some differentiation for the CSMs