PDA

View Full Version : HK PIC and Youth PIC

dimsum
18th Oct 2003, 04:49
Hi all,

For the Cathay cadet pilot application, one of the blanks is for the HK PIC. I have my Youth one, but should I even bother putting the number in? If I get my adult one (which would mean a trip to HK...halfway around the world for me), will the # change?

On a related note, what's a Travel Document Number?

Thanks!

smallwing
19th Oct 2003, 09:30
What is a youth pic and a hk pic?

It is pretty simple to fill out that form, may I ask how do you find it so difficult? Seems to me you have given yourself stress from the beginning.

Fill it out as to how you think it should be.

mrben
21st Oct 2003, 04:43
PIC = Permanent Identity Card? That's a good question. Anyone remember if their ID card number is different to their Under 18 ID card number? dimsum, have you only just turned 18? I think you will have a better chance of being recruited for the Cadet Scheme if you are at least 21. Maybe you should wait untill you graduate from university before you apply. Just what I heard. I might be wrong.

Travel Document Number is your Passport Number.

dimsum
21st Oct 2003, 06:19
Thanks for the replies.

I'm actually 22, living in Canada (and finishing off university). The reason why I'm asking about the Youth as opposed to the Adult is b/c I have the Youth card but not the adult one (didn't go back to HK to get it when I turned 18).

Actually, that brings up a good point...is there any chance I CAN'T get my Adult PIC?

Thanks!

Flying Bagel
21st Oct 2003, 12:09
If I'm not mistaken, you do need the adult one, because you need the three stars on your ID card to join.

And if you don't put in the number on the application, you definitely will not get in anyway.

I can't remember if the number does change, but try it anyway. If they accept you for your first interview, then come back and change it. It does take a while though, unless if you know the right people.

Otherwise, why not take a holiday in HK? It's nice and cool at the moment.

dimsum
21st Oct 2003, 12:34
About the 3 stars...I always thought the difference btwn 1 and 3 stars were if you were born in HK...I always thought you could live and work in HK with an adult card with 1 star (which I can get).

And if I could get the time off school for now...HK would be a pretty cool place to visit :)

mrben
21st Oct 2003, 16:20
I always thought to get 3 stars you had to have been born in Hong Kong and have Chinese blood in you. I say this because I have Indian and English friends who were born in Hong Kong, but don't have the 3 stars. Mind you, I have a Sri Lankan Friend with a Chinese Godmother who managed to convince the Government to give her 3 stars.

Anyone know if theres actually any benefit to having 3 stars!?

I always thought you had 6 months from when you turned 18 to get your new ID Card. I could be wrong. Either way, I think it's going to be more difficult now to get things sorted.

dimsum
21st Oct 2003, 23:07
Actually, that's a good question....do I only have 6 months from when I turned 18 (that's...oh....42 months ago!) to renew my Permanent ID Card? It says I only have 30 days from when I turn 18 on the HKSAR immigration site, but for some reason I know of people who've gone back 2, 3 years after they became 18 and still getting the card.

Any ideas? Possible admin boo-boo?