PDA

View Full Version : US Airways GLA-PHL!!!

MEFLYBE
18th Oct 2003, 02:24
Apparently, US Airways will start GLA-PHL summer seasonal service next summer (2004)!

762 a/c

Regards

Mike

18th Oct 2003, 03:18
http://www.usairways.com/about/press/nw_03_1017.htm

GustyOrange
18th Oct 2003, 03:48
I can't believe that this info wasn't posted here by the oracle of Scottish aviation, Mr JC!!!

;) :D ;)

Gusty

Frankfurt_Cowboy
18th Oct 2003, 03:50
He'll be having a post orgasm sleep.

Deeko01
18th Oct 2003, 04:06
Frankfurt Cowboy,

I think the last thing he will have had was an orgasm after reading that story, he is more likely to be having one of these :zzz: to calm him down!!!

Luv
D

Frankfurt_Cowboy
18th Oct 2003, 04:11
Sorry, forgot about his age, judging everybody by my own standards again aren't I?

MerchantVenturer
18th Oct 2003, 04:55
I believe that Joe is really EDI-orientated. Expect to learn anything aviation-wise concerning the Scottish capital from him.

This new route is good news for Scotland as a whole though.

Contrary to some opinions on these forums I actually like using both GLA and EDI as a pax. Was at GLA last week and had an excellent meal in a pub/restaurant with picture windows overlooking the apron.

Frankfurt_Cowboy
18th Oct 2003, 05:02
What did you have?

billyg
18th Oct 2003, 16:04
Curry and Green Cheese?

sparkymarky
20th Oct 2003, 17:11
This is really good news for Glasgow in particular, but Scotland in general. Hopefully full 767s during the summer will see the service move from seasonal to permanent - perhaps on a winter 757?

I saw an article from a Philadelphia newspaper which was posted elsewhere. It was talking about the importance of Philadelphia becoming a gateway to the States. This implies they are expecting more passengers inbound to the USA than outbound to Scotland and beyond.

Hopefully the Scottish tourist authorities and Scottish Enterprise will be working hard to make sure there are plenty tourists, and indeed business people, inbound to Glasgow next summer.

Scotland has a lot to offer for both business and pleasure, so let's hope that this new service, along with the new Zoom services, sees a lot more North Americans paying us a visit next year.

Sheep fancier
21st Oct 2003, 03:22
"Hopefully the Scottish tourist authorities and Scottish Enterprise will be working hard to make sure there are plenty tourists, and indeed business people, inbound to Glasgow next summer.

Scotland has a lot to offer for both business and pleasure, so let's hope that this new service, along with the new Zoom services, sees a lot more North Americans paying us a visit next year."

Indeed, and another site informs that Glasgow is 5th on the list of European cities to visit by Canadian travellers, only beaten by London Paris Amsterdam and Barcelona
:cool:

SF

symphonyangel
21st Oct 2003, 04:19
SF - There is of course far more Scots who left over the past few generations to Canada than most countries, therefore this market is supported at the back end of the cabin by VFR pax rather than Canadian tourists (oops, shouldn't mention back ends to sheep fanciers!), not that i fully understood your connection with Canada to the Glasgow-Philidelphia announcement

sparkymarky
21st Oct 2003, 16:47
symphonyangel

SF was responding to my mention of Zoom Airlines (www.flyzoom.com) who will be serving many Canadian destinations from Glasgow.