PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Ground School Preparation Course?

Master Yoda
17th Oct 2003, 21:42
Are there any ATPL (ground school) preparation courses available out there to help with the Maths and Physics element?

And no Degrees, I mean short courses? (In the UK)

Any links or advice would be helpful.

Dufwer
17th Oct 2003, 23:25
Being 1/4 of the way into the ground studies myself, I couldn't imagine you would need any preparation course. Basic maths seems to surfice.

D

YYZ
19th Oct 2003, 00:37
Bristol do a maths brush up weekend @ £150.00
I too am just starting and am slightly worried about my abilities to do the math but im going to give a go first to see if it stumps me before I spend more money on more training albeit £150 is not allot I can spend it on better things if I can manage without.
:8

whirlybirdtoo
19th Oct 2003, 03:46
Would agree with Dufwer. I'm 1/2 way through at Bristol GS and have not had any major problems, even though I am crap at maths.
Doesn't mean to say something won't stump me in the second half though!

mesh
20th Oct 2003, 00:20
I was worried about this too. Start Integrated at Cabair this week. OAT do refresher courses, think they are around the £200 mark. I would advise doing what I have done. Get hold of some examples from the flying schools and ask questions on pprune. My Maths is poor, but I have not had too many problems with these papers. They cover basic Trig, Algebra etc....seems like you put the time in yu get the rewards. Anyway, I will keep you updated on how I find the first few weeks and rty and pass on some useful info.

might improve my typing also, sorry!

strafer
20th Oct 2003, 17:57
I seen similar threads to this before and most of the replies indicated that the quick revision books for GCSE maths & physics were probably enough. (They used to be called Keyfax (?) when I did my 'O' levels, but that was a loooong time ago).