PDA

View Full Version : Chat

B222
17th Oct 2003, 05:21
I used to be able to log on to Chat on a regular basis, but now find that whenever I now try, I.m told that I do not have permission.

I also used to be able to enter PPRUNE without logging on ( if I had'nt logged off before) but am now compelled to log on every time. What am I doing wrong ?

PPRuNe Towers
17th Oct 2003, 17:38
B222, I've checked your registration here and it's fine. I've had the database mail you all your details so you can check them. Chat expects to see the same data.

Chat is also dependent on you having a pretty current version of java - something Microsoft doesn't tend to provide. A windows person here will hopefully provide you with a link to update java.

As to the logging in and out of the forums that is controlled on your machine not here at the Towers.

First port of call is the 'user cp' caption near the top of every page. Third option once in is 'edit options' - this is where you can set the cookies to work if not already done.

If that doesn't sort you out it is a case of working on the preferences of your browser. Delete all cookies with the word pprune in them, shut the browser down and then fire it up again. Log onto PPRuNe once more and the settings you selected in user cp should take effect.

Regards
Rob