PDA

View Full Version : Air Scotland and easyJet at NCL

JKP505
16th Oct 2003, 23:16
Just had a look at Air Scotland's programme on their website, apparently there are no flights to NCL either for the remainder of the summer or the forthcoming winter timetable. ABZ has also been cut out of the winter schedules?

Can anyone confirm the situation?

Also, what does anyone think of EZY at NCL? For me, they seem to be aiming more 'business' destinations rather than 'bucket and spade' destinations. Granted that they just added AGP, and already have ALC, but CPH and CDG alongside the domestic services seem to be more business orientated destinations. I would say that BCN and PRG are split, the former especially, although I can't imagine much business traffic between the north-east and PRG!

In comparison with BRS and EMA, they only have services to places like ALC, BCN, AGP, PMI, FAO, and PRG. GVA may be a split, but what do I know?!?

Suppose we'll see when the next round of destinations come to NCL, with ATH being widely tipped...

heinzmanm
17th Oct 2003, 01:48
Air Holland flights still operating today, allbeit 3 hours late!
As far as Easyjet destinations, they all seem to be proving very popular. Last I heard the PRG flights were operating with excellent load factors.
Whilst I can see your point about the 'business' destinations, Easyjet have opened up Europe to people in the North East. When you consider the lack of direct flights (from any airline) from NCL before EZY came here, I think that we are doing really well. I'm sure it won;t be long before we see another lot of routes appearing.
As far as the CPH route goes, this will be filling a gap which has been left since SAS and Cimber Air pulled out even when this route was very well used.
There is also a rumour that EZY will begin Winter only NCL-GVA flights although whether that is for this winter, I'm not sure.

transwede
18th Oct 2003, 02:17
JKP505 rumours were flying around that Air Scotland were to substantially increase their program out of Newcastle for summer 2004, wether or not it happens or not is another question but from what I believe their flights have been fairly successful, but most pax were on IT holidays, not low cost flight only, which is where easy probably have NCL sewn up.

Heinzmanm you are quite right, without Easyjet NCL most likely would be what it used to be. A handful of scheduled flights and the usual mix of charters. Ever since easys arrival pax numbers have soared, theres a greater choice of destinations and other airlines are also showing an interest.

EasyJet are doing very well indeed, and are developing a good range of domestic/international routes aimed at both the leisure and business traveller. Destinations in the future will most likely appeal to both groups, therefore not putting all their eggs in one basket so to speak.

Easyjet is rumoured to be looking at the following routes from NCL, though in what order they appear is anyones guess: GVA, ATH, FAO, AMS, ROM, LGW, NCE and extra frequency to CDG. I however doubt LGW and AMS! Indeed Axon Airlines did show an interest in ATH some time ago. The mentioned routes would all do well, as we well know Geordies love their holidays.

Both Air Scotland and Ryanair are rumoured to be begin new services, while TCX have a second 757 and Excel will have their own 737 next season. All good news :ok: