PDA

View Full Version : Pe

Irishwingz
16th Oct 2003, 19:31
Hows it?

I'm currently doing my PPL at PE airport. Was wondering if anyone would be interested in getting together in the next couple of weeks for some drinking in the area? Theres a good bunch of locals, scots etc here at the club and like most people w\enjoy getting pissed and talking aeries

Anyone interested? Lets hear from you.....

Wingz:}

406pilot
17th Oct 2003, 17:41
hi

i did my cpl at progress some 10yrs ago but wingz was still the in thing for pilots ans pe controllers,seeing ur forum made me remind of all the memories i had,i wish i could be there to share the beers,im also intersted to know the where abouts of my goroundschool intructor called ted lunt kindly advise?

juba
17th Oct 2003, 21:55
Heh Guys
Well I had an excellent time in PE about 6 years back - try the bar at the Algoa Flying Club - small but some good buddies to a have a few castles with. There is great pub, the Keg and Fox - the owner Nick, if he is still there will always look after an Irish man keen to party - if you see him say howdy from the crazy Irish man. Sadly Ted Lunt passed away a couple of years ago - he was my insructor and a great man.

Enjoy PE, it's a good place.
Cheers

ShenziRubani
17th Oct 2003, 23:47
Hey 406Pilot, Good to see you joined the forum mate. What's up in HTDA? Did u get the call? Hope every one is doing fine. Say "Jambo" to Moses.

Where's PE guys, SA?

skottie
19th Oct 2003, 00:25
Hi guy's, I am an old boy from Progress days.PE and the pubs are great and met some magic people there.It also seems that most of us have ended up flying great machines somewhere in the world.Wonder if we could all get together again there sometime, would definately be one of the biggest parties of the year.In our days Barny's and Tappas were the places to go, great looking ladies and ice cold beer there, maybe even the odd boxing as well.Keep well and fly safe guy's.....

Glynis
19th Oct 2003, 16:51
Juba and 406, please check your PM's

Thanks!

406pilot
19th Oct 2003, 17:39
hi chris(shenzi rubani)
seen any giraffe's lately? yeah nice of you to recognise me,so have you joined the freight dog business yet?something about little angels or was it?dar is gr8 man miss you a bit though?old mo'ses is in mwanza with hell dog(sERGE)i hope,
no im still waiting to hear frm the airlines u will see the log in name change frm 406pilot to something else i guess,keep in touch my man,regards frm mike:*

ShenziRubani
26th Oct 2003, 08:53
hey 406pilot,
Great to hve some news, plse salemyia Moses,Helldog and the guys. Hving a great time in the US of A, now confirmed employement yet, but got the calls as expected. Will be going back for interview in early January. It sounds cool and ok.
Going to spend time on the sims starting next month to get back into US IR and procedure. Exciting. The little angel is still as great as ever.

Is TEA in the hangar? Give him a kiss for me next time.

Wishing you get the call soon. 737pilot!!!

square leg
27th Oct 2003, 06:00
Ted L. was certainly one of the best instructors I ever met and by whom I was taught. rip.

yambat
27th Oct 2003, 07:52
skottie
Forgot to mention the boxing club, open air I believe, but the ice cream was good
Redwineeachdaykeepsmozziesaway
Yambat