PDA

View Full Version : EasyJet boarding in Geneva

Memetic
16th Oct 2003, 17:06
Flew back from Geneva on EasyJet on Tuesday and was puzzled by the boading process. Can anyone shed some light on the logic behind it?

I assume there must be some unless the system was designed to wind up us queue obsessed Brits!

As ever, as soon as the inbound flight arrived a queue formed, the ground staff announced no need to queue yet as we would not be boarding for a while.

Time passed the queue grew.

Finally they announced we would be boarding - by boarding number. Cue grumbles from the queue.

Then the confusion started, it turned out the numbers they were using were not the ones printed on the pass but numbers hand written on the pass.

I'm sure this made the process more hassle than it needed to be as numerous people were complaining at the gate that they were in that block , "see, the number is clearly printed" etc.

So why print numbers and handwrite different ones? It is just asking for problems.

Memetic.

P.S. I was not the English guy at the gate whining loudly about the system being stupid and that "They don't do this at Luton you know"!

Whooaahh
16th Oct 2003, 19:12
Would love to know for sure myself!! I assume it is due to some mandate probably issued by Airport Security that all passengers must be in posession of a computer generated boarding pass not those simple but effective plastic cards they use in Luton.

You will also find it impossible to buy DutyFree at GVA without the magnetic strip type boarding pass and we all know how important onsite retail sales are to the profitability of airports nowadays.

Personally speaking, things over here tend to go like clockwork most of the time, and I much prefer GVA-LTN to LTN-GVA where they make you stand in pre-boarding lines relative to your sequence number. That so reminds me of when I was in Primary school (early 70's) and we had to line up in our classes before being allowed back into the building.

Whooaahh!!!

OO-AOG
30th Oct 2003, 07:09
I should ask my wife as she's one of the EZS boarding ladies...I've never understood why she always put a bright "1" on my own boarding passes :p