PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION all Horizon Pilots: *URGENT*

wessex19
16th Oct 2003, 11:18
As you will all be aware, Horizon airlines will be placed into administration this Monday, October 20, 2003. As mentioned on another thread, Horizon has nominated an administrator to help what I believe will be the winding up of the airline. This is where it all gets messy, the majority of the pilots at Horizon are represented by the TWU and there is an EBA set in place to deal with situations like this as they may arise. There are certain pilots' at the company who are not members' talking the talk so they think and are undermining our conditions. They are in bed with management!!!! Firstly, they are not authorised to represent union pilots and will have no say what so ever in the administrative process which is to take place.
Secondly, from my information, the administrator that has been requested to take charge has a good reputation however, we would like to appoint another administrator which will be appointed for by the TWU. We believe our administrator is more employee based and gives us the best opportunity to trade out. To add to this, we understand that if their administrator is placed, our seniority list will be void and certain golden boys will be kept whilst others will be booted.
Thirdly, get to your mailbox ASAP, there is a proxy form and a letter which you must fill out regarding the administrative process. THIS IS CRITICAL for every pilot to have filled out by Monday. Further information regarding our prefered administrator can be obtained through Raj on 0418 667 058 or Shaun 0402 258 745. Please contact one of these two guys urgently as this has all come down to the 11th hour!!!
Fourthly, there will be a meeting of all Horizon TWU pilots on Saturday 18th October at the Alexandria Hotel, Hendersen Rd, Alexandria at 5pm. This meeting will be to discuss important confidential information regarding our proxy, certain practices that have occured at work and also to appoint a more worker friendly administrator. Call the above names for more details.
Finally, if an adminstrator is appointed who is not on our side, our next meeting will be at Centrelink. This is an important meeting. Drop everything to get there.
:uhoh:

Woomera
16th Oct 2003, 11:45
wessex 19 ... post held at the top... Woomera

wessex19
16th Oct 2003, 11:49
thanks Woomera, I appreciate that mate.

Travelling Toolbox
16th Oct 2003, 13:19
Good Luck everybody - I hope "trading out" happens for you. :(

wessex19
17th Oct 2003, 19:43
ABC news Thursday night, not promising................

Horizon_Pilot
31st Oct 2003, 06:03
It looks like there may be some light at the end of the tunnel for all of us !

The administrator has had some serious dicussions with an interested party this week. This has been a huge boost to everyone at Horizon. ;) We hope the parties can come to an arrangement, so we can continue flying and the administrator take a HUGE pay cut ($460.00 per 6 minutes !!!) !!!!!!!! :mad:

Thanks to everyone for all their support in our time of need..... big thanks to Wessex 19 for posting our crissis :D.

Horizon is a great company and we have come a long way since last year when we commenced RPT operations. Let's hope that we continue operating and all have bright futures ! :ok:

Good news for all (we hope) !

Horizon_Pilot
1st Nov 2003, 20:06
THANKYOU EVERYONE!

We all appreciate your support :) !

Thanks for the all the phone calls and emails from everybody wanting our services :O .

All the pilots' at Horizon Airlines enjoy their work. :cool:

We thank CASA for helping us maintain our High Standards :ok: .

From the pilots' at Horizon Airlines,
We thank everyone for travelling with us !!!!! ;)

23 Metros In a Row
1st Nov 2003, 20:28
And My Mum, I'd like to thank my mum. Without her I wouldn't be here today......

Oh and the FO's, I'd li...........................Sounds worse than the Logies

Turbiney
4th Nov 2003, 20:59
Don't forget to thank Bikkies Jnr for all his time - sitting in his chair staring at the wall, swearing at those who didn't do his job for him well enough.

All his kind words, "bloody" wisdom and praise to the staff :yuk: and the respect he gave everyone in their attempt to do his job.

Now he has gone - there is every chance Horizon may have a future. Pity they lost their friehgt runs at his stroke of stupidity - where he tried to do his job for a change - good one mate! Go back to PNG!