PDA

View Full Version : Dash 8 Endorsement Training

Capt. Ben Dover
16th Oct 2003, 11:12
Hi all,

Is there anyone out there who can advise where I can undertake Dash 8 endorsement training (self sponsored).

Prefer locations in Australia, NZ or the South Pacific but will consider others if nothing available in the locations already listed.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Captain Stoobing
17th Oct 2003, 09:07
Ben,
Aviation Australia in BNE do ground schools for the Dash. As for a sim endorsement........I don't like your chances. The CAE/QF sim in Sydney is flat out. Even EAA/SS cannot get good sim slots anymore. No-one would be current in OZ to do aircraft endorsements anymore. My understanding is the nearest other sim is in Paris or Canada. Don't quote me on that but that is what I have been told.
As for your reasoning for doing an endorsement......I am not sure if it will help you get employment here. The QF regionals don't mind endorsing you provided you stay around and don't go to Virgin , I know they have hired ex Coastwatch guys and girls, but I was told that was to fill a hole quickly. As for Skippers and NJS, am not sure if it would help, but who knows.

Hope this helps.........

Capt. Stoobing.................lord of the Love Boat.:ok:

waav8r
20th Oct 2003, 13:52
I just returned from FlightSafety deHavilland in Toronto (doing a DHC6 recurrent course), and made some inquiries re: Dash 8 when I was there. They can do a complete endorsement over 25 days including ground school (best in the industry) and flying in Level C and D six-axis sims for USD 18.000. As a private customer, you may be able to negotiate a discount, speak to Patrick Coulter, their Marketing-guy. His Email is: [email protected] and their phone number is +1-416 638 9313. By the time you cost in airfares and accomodation (Holiday Inn next door is CDN 99/night for FS customers), you probably won't see much change from USD 20-22,000, but the training is absolutely top-notch. Best of luck.

Capt. Ben Dover
20th Oct 2003, 20:41
Thanks for the replies so far, appreciate the information.

CBD