PDA

View Full Version : Muppetry

DummyRun
16th Oct 2003, 10:51
Come on you must have some classics lurking out there!

Here's one to kick it off,

GR1 JP arrived in O's Mess at EGDL having been bumped off a flight to Goose to join his Sqn because of DAC, turns out DAC was a GR1 canopy in its crate, when JP offered to wear oxy mask, roll neck and lower his visor it was suggested that HE was taking the p!ss.

Pounds and Kilos, come on easy mistake, we're all human, anyway, so you only made FL120 instead of FL260, what's the drama?
Rest assured though, if a commissioned duvet fluffer doing a baggage loading job for a couple of years makes a mistake at least they'll loose their 'cat' and have to undergo a period of retraining!!

Doh!... silly me, I'm tugging the wrong tail in the wrong place, why would a muppet be on the Professional PILOTS Rumour Net.

Load Moving............

Mr C Hinecap
16th Oct 2003, 14:15
There are MANY tales of bravery in the line of duty by our Ground Load Masters, but what about..................
The ALM who, upon seeing a load of missiles with covers on their noses labelled "Remove before flight" dutifully removed them ALL before takeoff!
I believe the receiving airfield were less than impressed to open the door to a whole load of missiles winking at them.

I KNOW I am a Supply Officer with a Movements annotation. I know my limits! I am not a Mover, never will be. :D

StopStart
16th Oct 2003, 16:03
I shan't rise to Mr Run's bait; he is clearly worried that the other "movers bitchfest" thread is losing steam and is seeking to start another. He is obviously an evil, twisted soul seeking to bring disharmony to the well oiled machine that is Team Lyneham...

Also, given the contents of his last PM to me I am going to make it my life's work to see that he never leaves the UK FIR on route again, but that's another story.

:p

PS. Thrilled to hear the "Remove Before Flight" story again. This story is a true literary treasure. First recorded evidence of this story dates back, I believe, to early Bible texts on the Flight into Egypt.....

:rolleyes:

What is a muppet?

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/new/cookie2.gif

dc8loadie
16th Oct 2003, 16:34
Dummy run, the regulations that movers and loadmasters have to adhere to are standardised by ICAO and then put into the JSP 335 (Dangerous Goods by Air regs).
Any changes or additions then the RAF sponsor has to apply through the CAA.
It is these regulations which govern what may or may not travel by air and not the young lad behind check-in desk, we all have regulations , I agree some may seem senseless however they are there for a purpose.
:ok:

sorry to be so serious, however, you have to treat children accordingly !!:p :p :=

Echo 5
16th Oct 2003, 17:30
Dummy.

Did the canopy by any chance have a MDC charge installed ? Just asking.

Load gone..................

Mr C Hinecap
16th Oct 2003, 22:49
Echo

Probably tried to get the canpoy on as 'Crew Baggage'! We know how magical THAT is!

'But the Captain said it was OK!'

Blakey875
17th Oct 2003, 01:15
Dummy....

Your last diatribe about lbs/kgs in 'the other thread' you said "Could only get to 9000' and not 25000'" this time the story is 12000' isntead of 26000' - for God's sake if your going to try and moan at least be consistent. 9k or 12k What's the difference giggle..... So your'e a J bloke and not a caterer so you're either a driver or a GE, hang on, Officers Mess. Sorry you're an expert who's never wrong then.

Your microwave operators are not all perfect neither but a lot of the misdemeanours have been kept 'in-house'. I always think it was ironic that several years ago when one of them trod on a plastic drum of acid causing it to leak ended up with a flight safety award!!

Trim_Nice_But_Dim
17th Oct 2003, 01:26
Hey Dummy, just wondered why if you have such a problem with Muppets being on PPRuNe, do you start a whole new thread about them?

TAC Queen
17th Oct 2003, 02:25
Nice to see the Air Force is a class less society.
Are we still this close to our ancestors that we still band together to fight others, only now its Navy v Army v Air Force. Command v Command, Station v Station, and Trade v Trade.
Most of these threads are very funny and are in the creed and ethos of the British Armed forces of sarcasm, banter and razor sharp wit.
Yet some appear to be actual beliefs of the posters and come over as crass and idiotic and childish.
Is it not time to stop all this?
The British military has the finest men and women in its ranks. Officer and Non Coms. We all work under hard conditions without usually the correct kit or back up to do the job. But we always get the job done. Is that not why we are always asked to go and help.
So can we stop all this bickering, unless it is in a sense of fun and good-natured banter.
Rant over. :mad:

P.S. sorry I’m tired.:zzz: :{

All spelling mistakes are because I can’t spell.
:* :* :* :ouch:

Aerobratic
17th Oct 2003, 03:19
DR,

Don't forget to mention all the forklift drivers with WWII-like stencils of Hercs on the side of their Heisters and tatters of ramp hanging from the forks. Almost becoming a BTR in Akt for some of them.....although I believe that you profited nicely from that recently........?

Done any strimming yourself recently?

force_ale
17th Oct 2003, 06:21
Would it be a muppet who made the decision to call forward all the rugby teams back from the LCRA 10's a day before the finals, well done. MUPPETS:sad: :hmm: :\ :*

Trim_Nice_But_Dim
17th Oct 2003, 17:10
Force_Ale, I think you will find you don't know what you are talking about!

Echo 5
17th Oct 2003, 23:35
TAC Queen,

You are right. This is just going to turn into another platform for a slagging match.
Let's get back to the other thread and let the Movers @ Loadies partake in some sporting banter.
Have we got the Aircrew knives sorted out yet ?