PDA

View Full Version : Mahogany or Wooden Display Models

Sheep Guts
16th Oct 2003, 06:09
Anyone know of some good Mahogany Destop Display Aircraft Model makers. That is ones made to order. Ive heard there are some in the Phillipines? Anyone care to comment.

I have done google searches etc with nothingfound as yet.

Torres
16th Oct 2003, 07:52
There are excellent aircraft model makers in the Philippines. Fifteen years ago I had around 25 large King Air 200 models made for US$25 each!

Not sure now who you should contact. There was a Scandanavian guy, ex Stirling Airline DC8 FE, who owned a restaurant on P Burgos Street, off Makati Avenue, who had all the model making contacts, but I'd imagine he's gone now.

You could try to contact manny Cortez at Olympic Aviation + 63 2 833 4608 but even that number may be too old.

Models from Europe and the States are prohibitively expensive!

Sheep Guts
16th Oct 2003, 08:58
Torres,
Yes I just checked a site in the states they are selling Twin Otters in my Old Company Colours for $366.00 usd ouch!

Thanks for the info will check

Sheep

Richo
17th Oct 2003, 09:52
Sheepie

I have a B200 from Andersons ( I tried to paste the web here but an too thechnologicaly challenged to do so) they have a good range but are not cheep, OOuch.

I think the URL is something like andernt.com, hope this helps.

Try sending KEG a PM, he has a good source somewhere OS for wooden models.

What type in particular are you after?

swh
17th Oct 2003, 11:29
Sheep,

The ones from the Phillipines can be purchased online fairly cheap via eBay brand new.

SWH

cyclops camel
17th Oct 2003, 13:28
Hi Sheepy,
Got a superb polished mahogany A330 from
"La Collection d'Avions Aircraft Collections" in Vietnam.
Contact Pierre Lalime at [email protected]
or phone Vietnam on 84 8846 4285 or mobile 84 090 622310
Cheers mate,
CC.

airstairs
17th Oct 2003, 15:05
You could also try the TAA / Australian Airlines Museum in Melbourne.

Quote:
Special orders for aircraft models manufactured from solid mahogany, hand craft and painted in the airline colours of your choice, or colours of any particular era can be obtained. These are scale models and an exclusive item not readily available in the retail marketplace.

Telephone (03) 86962692 or Email [email protected]

Keg
18th Oct 2003, 09:57
Sheep , the bloke in Manila can do a airline models for about $65USD each. Give him a photo and he can do your specific aircraft- cost unknown.

These days QF crews go via the airport manager at Manila to get the models and I don't have his email address on me for you to try. I'll hunt it down a bit later and PM it to you. If I forget, give me a nudge.

Mr Proachpoint
18th Oct 2003, 17:24
There is a guy in Palmerston North, NZ that makes aircraft to order. He had a display in a shopping mall in Palmy a couple of years ago. Its all a bit vague now but his quality and attention to detail was stunning.
Can try an do some digging to find out more.

MAPt

Sheep Guts
20th Oct 2003, 08:28
Thanks Guys,
Was looking for a Twin Otter in my Old Company Colours ie, Mahogany kiln dried etc.

Seen a variety some as expensive as $366 usd.

Have looked at ebay and a few sites thanks alot.

Regards
Sheep

waav8r
20th Oct 2003, 17:55
I just purchased a Mahogany Twotter from Aviation World in Toronto (www.aviationworld.ca) for CDN 219. Absolutely stunning quality in detail and workmanship, and it disassembles in minutes. I would imagine they source their products from somewhere where labour is cheap and plentyful, but if your you have no luck in sourcing it directly from the manufacturer yourself, hop on their web-site and have a look, The one i got was in highly polished with the wood structure visible throughout, but you can also have them custom made in your favorite paint scheme. Cheers.

ausflyer
21st Oct 2003, 07:58
l am back in the Philippines in December and l often go to (down town) Makati. Send me a PM if you want the scale models checked out.......

Cheers,

aus':

:O :O :O

TopperHarley
23rd Oct 2003, 14:23
Theres a fella in SW sydney (Campbelltown I think) who does magnificent hand made aircraft models. Made to order. You give him a few photos and he does the rest.

They are top-notch.

I think his name is Ted Oram and the company Oramodles - Or something very similar. He used to advertise in AOPA's magazine i think.

Good fella too

Keg
24th Oct 2003, 05:32
And he charges about $400 per model last I knew! :eek:

Still looking for the contact details in Manila.

Ozeflyer
24th Oct 2003, 20:15
Sheep Guts

Have a look at www.aimhighmodelairplanes.com.

They should fit the bill.