PDA

View Full Version : Seat plan on QF 744's

Call_Belle
16th Oct 2003, 04:46
QF have several layouts for their 744 fleet. Anyone any idea what configuration flight QF 32 usually is? And what are considered the best seats in Y class? Much appreciated, Call_Belle:ok:

BAe 146-100
16th Oct 2003, 05:14
Hi,

Seating layouts for Qantas 744's.

http://www.qantas.com.au/info/flying/inTheAir/ourAircraft/seatMap744

BAe 146-100

Globaliser
16th Oct 2003, 05:39
If you've got the time to do this, here's how to have a stab at finding out which layout the QF computer thinks is going to operate your flight.

Go to www.seatmap.com (http://www.seatmap.com). Enter the date of your flight, the airline ("QF"), the flight number ("32"), class "J" and the three letter codes of the origin and departure airports - "LHR" and "SYD" should do for this purpose -and press "View Seatmap".

This should bring up a seat map of the business class section. Make a careful note of the layout. How many rows? What are the row numbers at the beginning and end of each section?

Then compare this with the different layouts on the seating plans that BAe 146-100 has linked to. You are likely to be able to identify which one is operating your flight. But remember that it can change if there are operational problems, and sometimes at a very late stage.

On the 65 business/315 economy aircraft (at a guess the most likely candidate for QF32 at the moment), 35H is favoured by many because it's an aisle seat with an empty space in front of it. The crew rest seats in row 34 are a short row of 2.

The equivalent on the 79 business/265 economy aircraft is 40H. You will see that on the new layout (50 business/315 economy) this advantage doesn't exist because the crew rest seats are a standard row of 3.

I would never go for these myself because I always want a window seat, I don't much care which one, to sleep in undisturbed.

The other favoured seats are pretty obvious - exit rows, bulkheads etc.

Call_Belle
16th Oct 2003, 08:43
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Call_Belle