PDA

View Full Version : Good one Qantas!!

Nose Wheel
16th Oct 2003, 02:28
Last week the QF Spanner boys, while pulling one of the BBJ's into the hanger, ripped the entire top section of rudder and tail off!!!!!!!!

Anyone seen any pics' floating around for the album?

The BBJ is only a few months old - OUCH!

As someone once said "Please Explain!" :E

Sheep Guts
16th Oct 2003, 05:52
Do you mean a 737 NG? A BBJ or Boeing Business Jet may look the same, but Im unsure if we have one on the register, unless you count Howards RAAF Jet.

Regards
Sheep

Keg
16th Oct 2003, 06:11
It was the RAAFs BBJ. It was in Canberra and it was about a month ago now. It was 'done' on this forum too! Talk about old news!

apacau
16th Oct 2003, 07:40
and the second one hit a few birds yesterday - see seperate post. Lucky its OK or Howard would have had to hitch a ride on QF1 to get to APEC.

rmm
16th Oct 2003, 07:45
Nose Wheel,

Drop me an e-mail if you want the pic's. (about 3/4 of a meg)

Rmm

colt_pa22
22nd Sep 2004, 09:26
Nose Wheel,

QF is definitely not to blame for the tail strike of A36-001. Qantas defence Services are to blame, an entirely separate and independent company. Repairs cost 2.5 million US.

Colt

Ultralights
22nd Sep 2004, 10:14
Qantas defence Services are to blame, an entirely separate and independent company.

QDS? i might be mistaken, but in my QF days, QDS was a fully owned subsiduary of Qantas. The QF engineering boys were regularly asked to transfer to QDS. most of the AQF level 2 trainees went there......

hmmmm, they are the AQF Level 2 trained guys!, yeah that will save a few pennies, dont train them to full qualifications. and the rest of the qualified boys can help them out when needed.

blueloo
23rd Sep 2004, 14:43
can you send me a pic ?