View Full Version : China Southern to new central, south & east Asia routes

newscaster
16th Oct 2003, 02:09
Moscow and Novosibirsk in Russia/Siberia

Almaty in Kazakhstan

Bishkek in Kyrghyzstan

Islamabad in Pakistan

Pyongyang in North Korea

first four gained from China Xinjiang Airlines, latter from China Northern Airlines as both carriers are merged into China Southern. 757-200 are used for the first four MD-80/90 for the latter.

first four served from Urumqi in western China latter from Beijing and Dalian.

newscaster
16th Oct 2003, 15:48
Another new destination has just been added to their network, its Dubai in the UAE to be served once weekly from Urumqi with a 757-200. CZ also fly to Sharjah in the UAE also from Urumqi.

newscaster
18th Oct 2003, 22:31
Since there seems to be demand on the route I wonder if Emirates would be interested in flying to Urumqi, perhaps even connecting it with Almaty in Kazakhstan which they plan to start service to in 2004.

newscaster
16th Nov 2003, 03:49
The airline is also taking over the former domestic Terminal 1 at Beijing Capital Airport and converting it into their own.

Lookavi
17th Nov 2003, 09:24
Newscaster,
Any word on the recruitment site of things. That is expat. of course. I am loking at the entry level jet job and currently flying the Metros.
Thank you in advance.

typhoonpilot
17th Nov 2003, 10:36
Lookavi:

Up until a year or so ago I did the recurrent training for China Northern crews on the MD-90. Their junior F.O.s were lucky to fly 50 hours in a year ( talk about a handful in the sim ). So the prospect of them needing expats is extremely slim. China is not a market for expats as they don't need them unless it is for an introduction into service type of contract. Besides, a China Northern captain only makes $US1000 per month.

Typhoonpilot