PDA

View Full Version : Saudi Arabian Airlines launching Peshawar

newscaster
16th Oct 2003, 01:28
Starting 26th October, once a week from Jeddah (Monday) and twice a week from Riyadh (Thursday and Saturday) with an A300-600, Peshawar is their fourth destination in Pakistan.

mutt
16th Oct 2003, 11:24
Considering the amount of money that Airbus and Emirates have spend upgrading the airport, i'm surprised that they are going to let any other airlines use it :):):)

Its a really beautiful part of the world, but i dont think that it will be a popular crew layover destination......

Mutt.

newscaster
20th Oct 2003, 18:43
PIA fly from PEW to Dubai. Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Jeddah, Riyadh, Kuwait, Doha and Muscat, Qatar Airways and Gulf Traveller also operate to PEW, so that leaves only Kuwait Airways and Oman Air who are not reciprocating services to the city, I'm sure they'll be there too probably when the planned new airport is constructed.

Since the present airport was lacking in facilities to handle more airlines the announcement of SV flying there comes as a surprise, I can bet politics are involved as the Saudi Crown prince also paid a visit to Pakistan two days back and was accorded a welcome not been given to any foregn leader in more than a decade. PIA are totally against any of the Gulf carriers being accorded rights to more flights and more cities in Pakistan but the govt. dosent seem to care.

Ariana Afghan will also be relaunching Kabul-PEW from 2004 as will PIA.

mutt
6th Feb 2004, 01:33
SVA upgraded this route from an A300 to a B777 this morning.I cant help but feel that its ironic that all of the improvements required to faciliate B777 aircraft were paid for by Airbus..... :)

Mutt