PDA

View Full Version : Paragliding Jeddah

mutt
15th Oct 2003, 23:34
Looks as if the club is back in business but without instructors. So if there are any "qualified" paragliders passing through who want to do some flying, please send me a message.

Cheers.

Mutt.

Latte tester
20th Oct 2003, 04:48
...lately with the recent bomb threats in the ME, (Riyadh), I'd rather go karting just down the street...less distance to fall.

mutt
6th Feb 2004, 01:38
Latte Tester,

The carting is probably more dangerous, I've seen the way that they drive on the roads... :):)

Anyway, the club now has an instructor, so if you feel the need to take to the skies, come along........

Mutt.

Setarime
7th Feb 2004, 14:57
Hey mutt,

I'm delighted to hear about paragliding possibilities in the Middle East! Do you have any more details?

I tried to find some infos in the net, especially for the UAE, but couldnt find any... Here are so many dunes, why is nobody using them for soaring?

Thanks!

Setarime

mutt
7th Feb 2004, 23:34
Sorry Setarime, but i only know about my own backyard. If you are ever passing this way come try paragliding, paramotoring or even microlights.

There is a extremely poor website at www.jeddahaviationclub.com , however they do tell me that this will be revamped.

If you are feeling extremely adventurous, you could always try getting in touch with the paragliding club in Abha, KSA. They are launching from a 10,000 ft high mountain!!

Mutt.