PDA

View Full Version : Cabair Course 24 Oct 2003

mesh
15th Oct 2003, 20:17
Anybody out there got bags packed for the integrated course next Friday? Can't wait myself, just starting to get to grips with Maths again after many years. Drop a line if you are and lets bore each other...

R

Jinkster
16th Oct 2003, 06:44
Mesh,

Best of luck with it. I am on the modular course (currently studying at home for the ground exams).

All the best

Jinkster

sinsall
16th Oct 2003, 07:32
may well be joining you,looked round today and impressed,so worried about maths and exams,yikes!!!

mesh
16th Oct 2003, 17:29
Cheers guys, Jinkster you back there soon? We should meet up for beers, any excuse....I will probably be the one with grey hair andshell shocked look on face....

Sins, they do seem quite a cool bunch. Had a look at OAT but found it to 'corporate' Cabair seemed to care a bit that's why I chose them. Moving back into halls next Thursday, Jesus it's a while since I have experienced that. I like the idea of it being around a post grad. complex..

Retrofox
16th Oct 2003, 17:36
Sinsall, Don't worry about the maths and exams, I started here over a year ago and I'm near to completion, the exams aren't that hard if you're willing to get your head down. There's not a lot of maths involved whatsoever, basic functions and a teeny bit of trig, I think everyones capable of that.

Hopefully the job market will be looking rosier when you finish!!!

mesh
16th Oct 2003, 19:40
cheers retro, good to hear it's going well. I think people get a bit scared by Maths and Physics when they haven't done it since school which for me was a while ago. Slin, they have given me a revision papaer to crib up on before I start and it is pretty basic...just a case of kicking the brain into gear again..

whizzer
17th Oct 2003, 01:11
Hi mesh

Good luck next friday...im on the integrated course ahead of you..just got my 8 week progress tests next week then off to flight school (HOOORAAHHHH !!!!!!

The maths is difficult but you'll be amazed at how quickly it all comes back.

Im sure i will see you some time next week...make the most of the rest of your free time....you dont get too much once you start !!!!

Whizzer

Casex
17th Oct 2003, 03:19
Hi Messh

14 Months behind you and saving hard!

Best of luck on the course. From the replies above, they're some good guys (students) at Cabair. Haven't decided which school I want yet still prowling.

Regis Potter
17th Oct 2003, 03:35
"Cabair seemed to care a bit "

Not words you often see in the same sentence! :ok:

BN2A
17th Oct 2003, 22:44
Did my training through Cabair, finishing a couple of years ago...
Did the trick for me... Good Ground and Flight training.
An enjoyable year (if you ignore Milton Keynes...)!!

Good luck, and enjoy.

:cool: