PDA

View Full Version : emergency landing

penash
15th Oct 2003, 17:14
A MILITARY plane made an emergency landing at Canberra airport this afternoon after hitting several birds.

A Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) spokesman said the Boeing 737 made a priority landing at about 5.10pm (AEST).

No-one was injured and the aircraft, which had been on a training mission, had been cleared to resume flying.

The spokesman said the crew of the aircraft had been practising "touch and go" landings at an RAAF base in East Sale in Victoria when the plane's undercarriage was hit by several birds.

Touch and go landings involve an aircraft coming in as if to land, briefly touching the runway then taking off again.

The aircraft diverted from the small East Sale airfield to land at the more fully-equipped Canberra airport.

"There's no apparent damage to the aircraft's undercarriage, it's not expected there'll be any disruption to the aircraft's flying program," the spokesman told AAP.

A Canberra airport spokesman said emergency services were called to the airport before the plane landed.

AAP

Soulman
15th Oct 2003, 18:38
Get your stories straight - from the BEGINNING!

First they state it made an emergency landing, then in just the next sentence, it is downgraded to a priority landing. A little contradictory don't you think?

But then again, I bet they're thinking "Ooo, watch all their eyes light up when we report an emergency, because a 'priority landing' means nothing to public.

As always, my two cents.

Cheers,

Soulman.

jungly
15th Oct 2003, 18:58
"...... I bet there thinking......"

there? their? I suspect you mean....... they are (they're)

Just my 2 pence worth! ;)

Macrohard
15th Oct 2003, 21:15
... Yawn ... :zzz: