PDA

View Full Version : When is Australian CASA joining the JAR66 member nations?

Mel LAME
14th Oct 2003, 09:06
Does anyone have any insight as to where Aus CASA stands re joining the JAR66 system? Have they made any progress in aligning our current regulatory structure to meet the standards required? :sad:

Pimp Daddy
14th Oct 2003, 09:22
Jeez - fat chance mate. Since when have CASA ever done something the way someone else does it?

"Hey look at this- I call it a wheel, what? it's already been done? The square ones don't work? I don't believe you."

allthatglitters
18th Oct 2003, 03:10
Why would you want to become part of JAR66 or even what ever is replacing it under ESA. Is it the escape route to leave the B.F.A.

Blacksheep
19th Oct 2003, 06:35
CASA will adopt JARs as soon as possible after Australia joins the EU. In its usual efficient way, that will be around ten years afterwards.

I didn't know Australia was in the queue, possums?

Through difficulties to the cinema

Kanga767
21st Oct 2003, 07:21
I got something in the mail from CASA that indicated July 2004 for LAME licensing etc, dates subject to change.

Whether this will be something that resembles the JAR system or something else, dreamed up in the Canberra winter, is anyone's guess.

K

AN LAME
22nd Oct 2003, 11:15
CASA CAN'T'join'JAR - and why would we want them to. Currently they are working on JAA recognising an Australian Licence. Unfortunately JAA did an about face on a recognition of CASA licence policy a couple of months ago. I understand an alternative method of recognition through the UK CAA as a member state of JAA is the next attempt

Bus Tie Breaker
16th Nov 2003, 18:15
Kanga 767,
Dates for New Maintenance CASA regs has been moved back to November 2004. Then there will be a 3 year transition phase.

A pair with balance
17th Nov 2003, 05:17
Well I read three years ,as of when is the point .
If CASA had a say in it maybe earlier than latter,but as I asked that question of Rick McMaster (CASA licencing ACT in 2001), and was told three years was the target then,I wouldn't hold my breath. I popped over and did the basics for B1 inside three months {at least you are in control,and it beats any timeline I've heard so far).It comes down to politics ,the Poms don't think the Frogs have a system(They don't) the Frogs think they do. The poms won't have the French colonies (Africa etc) in the JAR and the rest of Eurpoe all think so much of the poms that they need time to work out how to do justice to the TRUE Eurpoeans and teach the English a leason or two. The Germans believe this should be,by,only allowing degree holders to work on aircraft.Most CAA BACR Licenced Eng's are trained via hands on. Other countries have differing points of veiw ,but they all agree that the English system in South Africa,Oz,Hong Kong ,Sing's,Malasia etc can go hang.That means you possums.
Any objection by any JAR full member state takes about six months to resolve, and they love to share the work load.
The flip side is the poms can come over to Oz via New Zealand simply with one exam of air ledge .There must be a way to level the playing feild without needing a Ruby world cup(strewth I hope we beat the French)

bbbaldy
15th Dec 2003, 23:39
Australia can not join the JAA,
The Jaa has been superseeded by EASA (European Aviation Safety Authority) as of 2 weeks ago. Only EC member states need apply.
Easa are trying to work out how to allow to allow non EC countrys to become members.

spyman6
14th Jan 2004, 09:58
Gday all first time post here.I was back in Australia over xmas and asked the surveyors there the same question. Apparently the CASA 66 was not tabled to parliment in time last year so it will be another year till it is ,they aspect CASA 66 in 2005 , we wait anticipation.