PDA

View Full Version : Aasa Exam

N12EPR
14th Oct 2003, 08:34
Just wondering if anyone has any tips for self-studying for this exam.

I have been using the AFT notes folder and exams to self study. I have also used the CASA syllabus to compare my notes but from what I have heard the exam itself can cover or concentrate on any one area for more than 30% of the exam.

If anyone is willing to share their secrets for getting through this exam first go, I would appreciate your insight.

Also anyone else who has used the AFT notes to self study and pass - it would be nice to hear from you.

Thanks all.

airway_manual
14th Oct 2003, 08:46
Put your head in the books for a good 2 weeks, 9am-5pm. It worked for me ....Best of luck.

hombre_007
14th Oct 2003, 09:35
Gday Epr,

I used Nathan's notes for aasa and passed 1st time,
my biggest tip for you would be to do all the revision tests and practice exams, as you will see a lot of these questions in the real exam. When marking your answers go back and read around the questions you got wrong in the notes.

Best of luck
:ok:

hombre

sako
14th Oct 2003, 18:18
epr

like 007 i used nathans notes. i went to his course and failed, not by much, i found the pace of his course a bit too much for me, however a lot of others did pass 1st time. i went home and looked over his notes again and passed 2nd time. i did use the trevor thom book as well and found this to be good as it presented a few things diferently wich i found helped at times. one good thing about this exam is that you will have time to spare, its certainly not an exam in wich you are under time pressure.

best of luck

the wizard of auz
15th Oct 2003, 09:00
Keep an eye out for the tricks........ most of the exam isn't testing your knowledge on the subject matter, its a test of your interpritation skills as well as your ability to spot the tricks and use the Most correct answer from a choice of three correct answers.

citationdriver
15th Oct 2003, 10:04
One thing i found that was not covered by nathan's notes was revision of the light twin piston. I got about 10 questions on this the first time I attempted systems, and because I had done my initial endorsement a while before this i was not prepared.

For the next attempt I have revised Trevor Thom's Twin Engine Endorsement Text.

Good luck.