PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Flights into CWL

Eira
14th Oct 2003, 06:00
The South Wales Echo is reporting that Ryanair is in talks with TBI to increase flights into and out of Cardiff.

Anyone got any more information, will it just be to Dublin or to operate in Competition with BMI Baby

MerchantVenturer
14th Oct 2003, 18:49
Back in the summer the Trade and Industry correspondent of BBC Bristol reported that Ryanair was to introduce more flights into BRS (currently three DUB rotations per day). Nothing has happened.

Perhaps MOL could not get the deal he wanted one side of the Severn so is now looking on the other side.

Unless CWL is to become a FR base, and I haven't read any rumours on PPRuNe or anywhere else to that effect, then any additional flights would be Ws, so stick a pin in somewhere.
Conceivably FR could increase the number of CWL-DUB rotations (one a day at present) but that would have a significant impact on Air Wales, not that MOL would worry about that of course.

I would guess there is also a far higher likelihood of route subsidies from CWL. As far as I am aware no route from BRS receives or has received a subsidy to get it going. I will bow to anyone's superior knowledge in this if I am wrong.

glider insider
15th Oct 2003, 05:32
i had to laugh as i read CWL as Cranwell... now that would be amusing...