PDA

View Full Version : Vanishing UAS

Glom
14th Oct 2003, 04:09
I signed up for the University of Birmingham Air Squadron three weeks ago, but haven't received anything.

If your initial application is rejected, do they send a letter telling you, or do you only hear something if you've been accepted at this stage?

Because my halls are new, there was confusion over the post code, so the one I ended up giving them was for the university and not for the halls specifically. The problem is that their website is not working, so I don't know how to contact them to tell them about this.

Does anyone else know how to contact them?

sycamore
14th Oct 2003, 04:55
lack of initiative? as you can use a computer, and as you signed up with BUAS, try checking your copy of the paper you signed as it will have a telephone, rpt. telephone number, on it.... sorry, first lesson in the mil., ---keep a copy of whatever you sign!!
all the best , anyway!!!:ok:

Glom
14th Oct 2003, 06:05
Unfortunately, I wasn't given anything other than an itinery that doesn't contain any contact details.

BEagle
14th Oct 2003, 06:17
From the Birmingham University website:

Air Squadron, RAF Cosford. Tel: 01902 372393 Ext 7371.

Good luck!

Glom
14th Oct 2003, 06:35
Thank you so much.

Where did you find that? I've scoured every corner of the Brummy Uni site and couldn't find anything about UBAS.

It's always in the one page you miss, isn't it? :confused: :uhoh:

Archimedes
14th Oct 2003, 07:12
I sympathise, Glom.

Late of that Parish, and the website was almost impossible to navigate. It became worse after it was upgraded: I always suspected that BWOS had been involved somewhere in the process.

Bet you tried to use the search engine and typed in 'University Air Squadron' - and got 3,000 hits that had nothing to do with it.... (for info, the UAS is not under anything simple like 'University Air Squadron', but in the 'Skill Development Section', armed services training corps sub-section - http://www.student.bham.ac.uk/skills.htm - giving just the phone number and address)

Good luck!

FFP
22nd Oct 2003, 00:01
Speaking to mate last week he says that there is a website for ex UBAS members but he couldn't remember the address . Anyone know of it ?