PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a job in Algeria

Speevy
14th Oct 2003, 00:02
Hi guys,

I am an italian pilot looking for a place in Algeria.
I would like to have info about any company that operate in that region and eventually adresses and requirements.
For family reason I am planning to move there and I heard there are some companies flying out from the south.
I have 1000 hrs on piston (spent most of my time instructing for OAT) and I know it would be though but I have to take a chance.
Like I said it's for family reason, so from my side I would garantee an high commitment (I am not looking for time building!!!)

If you have any info please feel free to send me an e-mail to:
[email protected]

Thanks in advance and good flying for you all

Speevy
1st Nov 2003, 18:36
First of all thank you guys,
I received many valauble info after posting my request!!
I have just a big question, I heard of a company called AIR EXPRESS operating in Algeria, Any info on their fleet, requirements and contact??

As usual thank you in advance and good flying to everybody

Sheep Guts
2nd Nov 2003, 00:46
Not sure about Air Express, I belive they operate B1900 also ROSSAIR operates them there aswell, they Just pulled out their Twin Otters from the same Oil Contract. Also theres ZIMEX with Twotters, which I belive arent hiring at the moment Do a Google search you should find these Companies sites. Also you may want to read a thread about ROSSAIR it seems to be in dire circumstances or may be just rumour mongering as usuall.

Sheep

PS. ROSSAIR is South African
ZIMEX is Swiss

not sure in Air Express.

Hope this helps . Also do a Search on these Topics on this African Forum you may find more info.

Cave Troll
10th Nov 2003, 17:26
The situation in algeria is as follows. Rossair and NAC are both contracted a local outfit called Air Express Algeria. AEA has contracts with various companies etc and use Rossair and NAC and Orsmand planes and crew to do so. I think rossair has 4 planes {1900 and tin otters} and NAC has 7 1900's and a B200 up there.Orsmand has just 2 Let 420's. Rossair is going through a bit of a tough time back at home but hopefully they will hang on. NAC is very busy and are most likely looking for drivers and mechanics. Best is to contact either companies HQ at Lanseria in JHB. There are also other compnies here that are not in with AEA namely Zimmex and Tassili. I am not too sure about anything that they do though. What i do know is that they operate 1900's {Tasilli} and B200 and twin otter and porters {Zimmex}.

Hope this helps.

ct

nopoal
13th Nov 2003, 01:36
Hi guys!!!

I am looking somewhere to fly with my experience (200 hrs), and Algeria could be an option.
Is it difficult to convert JAR- Licences into Algerian?
Are there job possibilities?
Any information will be welcome.
Speevy help per favore :D
Mon mail [email protected]
Thanks pilots, see you in the skies

Cabin secure :cool:

Speevy
13th Nov 2003, 04:45
Hi nopoal,

I have been trying to find something there for a while now, and I have to say that I received a lot of valuable info from a lot of nice guys trying to help!!

I called all the three companys sheep guts and Cave Troll mentioned but so far I couldn't land anything, maybe you could be luckier so just try the adresses they reported, but be aware that most of those companies require for insurance porpuses (as far as I am concerned) 1000 TT and at least a type rating with beetween 50/100 hrs experience on the A/C.

For the conversion I THINK you should get a South African validation because these companies are SA (exept Zimex that requires JAA but needs 1000 hrs+Type rating on the twin otter and 50 hrs on the aircraft).

Me I am still trying and trust me if one day I get lucky I will share that feeling with everybody.

Good luck to you and good flying

Sheep guts and Cave troll thanks for your help and info and I hope one day I will have the plasure to meet you and buy you some drinks!!:ok:

Speevy