PDA

View Full Version : Jobs in India??????

proflyer9
13th Oct 2003, 23:07
Howzzit U all!!!
New to the far east forum! A low time pilot here with IR and ME ratings. Wondering what the situation is like in india for guys like us in the charter/contract flying?? Also, the procedures for convex of a CAA (Southafrican) to an indian one? Please respond asap.

cheers:ok:

ronnie123
14th Oct 2003, 11:10
You have to be INDIAN citizen to work as pilot in India. Conversion is close to CAA UK. Besides about 1000+ unemployed pilots in India already sitting at home or doing cabin crew jobs.

proflyer9
14th Oct 2003, 14:35
Indian here mate! Well thanx for the info. Mind if i ask for who and what u fly?? Aviation all around is going down or what. man what does it take to go off the ground. Gravity sux big time!!!!

cheers Ronnie

ronnie123
14th Oct 2003, 21:22
You better gear up if you plan to look for a job in India, my two bit advice will be since you are in africa get some hrs in you, doing some bush flying,before commnig home to india. Im sure you are aware of 1000s of guys sitting at home, with 250+hrs.

marlin
15th Oct 2003, 22:00
Forget u ever thought about it. Doors there are shut tight. If u ever get a contract,it'll be on a 6month basis. But then these are more for Trainers. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

proflyer9
15th Oct 2003, 23:19
Hey Thanx u guys (ronnie&marlin)!!! More than i needed....the future is bleak in india for newbies...Guessed it would be like that!! Confirmed now!! Actually i opted out of that place, nearly 3 yrs ago, for the same reason. Wish the aviation scene in india was better though.

Cheers guys :ok: ...