PDA

View Full Version : Concorde Books

helldog
13th Oct 2003, 16:52
Can anyone recomend some good books on the Concorde? And also tell me where to get them.

Suggestions from one of the few that had the honour of flying it would be great.

Sad day when she stops flying.:{

paulo
13th Oct 2003, 22:01
helldog - this page (http://www.concordesst.com/books.html) has a run down. I've got "The Concorde Story" myself and can recommend it.

Shaggy Sheep Driver
14th Oct 2003, 00:05
'Pilot' magazine, March 2000. Concorde supersonic flight described from the jump seat:\

And the video Concorde in the 21st Century, by Fast Forward Productions (which I also reveiwed for 'Pilot') is well worth a look.

SSD

G SXTY
15th Oct 2003, 21:27
Superb flight deck video / DVD of Concorde available here:

http://www.itvv.co.uk/

LHR > JFK > LHR (driven by Capt. David Rowland, who I once had the privilege of meeting. Thoroughly nice bloke he is too.)

helldog
15th Oct 2003, 22:54
Cheers for all the info. I will order these for sure. I just hope the Tanzanian postal service does not let me down.

Flying Lawyer
19th Oct 2003, 16:16
If you're interested in the history of Concorde from its design, through test flights, maiden flight, certification and into airline service, Concorde - The Inside Story by Brian Trubshaw, with a Foreword by Captain Jock Lowe is excellent.
Originally published 2000, updated/revised 2003.

As well as describing flying Concorde, Brian Trubshaw covers every aspect of the program, the politics, tensions with the French, problems obtaining landing rights in New York, later mods to the aircraft etc.
Recommended :ok:

Genghis the Engineer
20th Oct 2003, 03:15
Not a historical book per-ce but I find "the Concorde Stick and Rudder Book" by Mike Riley absolutely fascinating - it should be read by anybody who is likely to find themselves in charge of an unconventional aeroplane at any point in their career.

I'm just sorry that the nearest I got to working on this particular tailless delta was reading the book.

G