PDA

View Full Version : Winair pay?

Devilbis
13th Oct 2003, 16:14
Does anybody have info on the conditions, pay etc. at Winair St. Maarten.

Grtz. Devilbis

xdc9er
17th Oct 2003, 20:51
Hmmm, Salary freeze for the past 3 yrs, No x-mas bonus( again) and this time they included to mention("it's not prudent to make a promise to pay at a later date,.... in the current industry atmosphere,...")Union is non-existent, lets not start on the freebie co-pilot rumours,...anyone....
The Islander-gate in CA,...Other than that the copilots do alright on their pay, and the capts survive too , Any specific que's , PM me, BTW Did you attend the interview last Weds?lol

Devilbis
19th Oct 2003, 02:54
Thanks for your reply xdc9er. I have sent you a PM

Devilbis

Joe_Bar
29th Oct 2003, 22:28
Looks like the freebie co-pilots are coming soon!

I got this by e-mail with request to reply a.s.a.p. if I was interested.

Grtz. JB

AIRLINE TWIN OTTER FIRST OFFICER

This program gives pilots the opportunity to receive line experience in a popular turboprop aircraft. It takes place during airline scheduled passenger operations in the Caribbean.

First, pilots go through the Twin Otter ground and simulator training in Canada regardless of their license’s nationality. The Twin Otter course is a nine (9) day long course consisting of five days of ground school and four days of simulator.

Pilots then report to their Caribbean base and start the airline indoctrination training consisting of ground school and two hours of Twin Otter aircraft training. Upon completion of the airline indoctrination training, pilots start flying on line from the right seat as a first officer during passenger scheduled operations.

The requirements to join the airline Twin Otter program are FAA, JAA, Transport Canada or any other ICAO Commercial Pilot License with Instrument and Multiengine ratings. No minimum flight time requirements.

PRICES

• Twin Otter training, airline indoctrination training and 250 hours of flight as a Twin Otter first officer based Caribbean during passenger scheduled operations: $18,500.

• Twin Otter training, airline indoctrination training and 500 hours of flight as a Twin Otter first officer based Caribbean during passenger scheduled operations: $22,500.

Panama Jack
30th Oct 2003, 00:42
Well now, it just warms my heart to read that!

Are Winair pilots represented by Caribbean-ALPA? What is the labor/management relationship like there?

Next thing coming down the pipe in Aviation:

• Twin Otter training, airline indoctrination training and 250 hours of flight as a Twin Otter Captain based Caribbean during passenger scheduled operations: $20,500.

A few years ago I chatted with the (then) Director of Civil Aviation of Nicaragua. He was telling me about the plans for an upstart airline with flights to the United States. Part of their business plan was to require pilots to pay for their initial training and type rating.

I can't remember his exact words, but it was to the effect of "we don't want that kind of crap to happen here in Nicaragua "

The airline never did start up.

Captain Stable
30th Oct 2003, 01:34
US$, EC$, or CAN$?

bluesafrica
30th Oct 2003, 05:55
It`s still bad! What's the difference?
Blues

Joe_Bar
30th Oct 2003, 06:27
forgot to mention that it's a program offered by eagle jet international, so it is US $

JB

xdc9er
31st Oct 2003, 08:31
Some of the permanent (not contract) pilots at WIA are members of the VNV-NA, which is an arm, (short and stunted like the bum fin on Nemo the fish) of the Dutch VNV Pilots association, but our Board members reside at a different airline(Dutch Caribbean Airlines) and have there own 'fish to fry', so to speak, no pun intended,lol, and because we are a 'small ' regional and also, 'out of sight,out of mind',we are based on a different island, we get very little attention from their direction, also we have a 'divide and conquer' type of mentality from present managment with regard to labour contracts, so everybody is just looking out for their own arse.

Panama Jack
31st Oct 2003, 17:30
Sounds like a nice "no problem 'mon" place to be.