PDA

View Full Version : AIRBUS A319/20/21 TAKE OFF

AIRBUS58
13th Oct 2001, 13:31
WHAT IS THE BASIC PROCEDURE TO TAKE OFF ON THE AIRBUS IE SIDE STICK, RUDDER, TRIM WHEEL,
THRUST, BRAKES , LANDING GEAR , ?

mutt
13th Oct 2001, 15:35
Due to the events of Sept 11, I would be very surprised if anyone answered such a general question as this.

If you were to explain why you want the information, you might get a better response.

Mutt.
;)

SKYYACHT
13th Oct 2001, 17:43
Is this a general enquiry or what? Are u about to covert? If so, perhaps your company will provide full manuals and groundschool, when these points will be covered in great and (to some) boring depths.

Manflex55
15th Oct 2001, 04:49
Apply power & pull @ VR... theoretically, it should work :D .

MF

Sir_Lurkalot
15th Oct 2001, 18:51
Keeping the landing gear down until positive RoC is probably a good idea, too! :D

MarkD
16th Oct 2001, 02:34
Don't forget to put on your L plate before you take out Daddy's A320 now!

And be back by midnight [if flying from LHR] :D :D :D

MissChief
18th Oct 2001, 10:40
Brakes are not so handy on a take-off, Airbus 58. Acceleration can be quite poor. Why are you asking such a question? And why here?

hopharrigan
19th Oct 2001, 03:10
You guys are just too suspicious. This fellow probably just has a sincere desire to know how the experts do it. So here, sonny, some ideas.
First, the runup is the most important part of the takeoff. If the engines are not checked out then you are asking for trouble. Make sure you do the runup in a clear area, and use an rpm above 200,000 before testing the magnetos. If you accidentally turn off both magnetos at the same time, make sure you pull the throttle back before you turn it on again. The bang you will hear otherwise is quite frightening, and many of my colleagues have had their pay docked for this simple mistake. Because the Airbus has two or more engines, it is also important to set the parking brake. Otherwise the airplane will spin around on the pad in quite a funny manner, and watching the cabin crew doing their passenger briefing while hanging on to the seat backs is amusing but potentially dangerous.
If it is winter time, then you should have the carb heat set to full on, unless of course you have a carb heat gage, in which case you can set the temp to a safe level. Most Airbuses have a filtered intake now, I have been told, so it should be OK to use it on the ground. Check with your Chief Pilot. Chief Pilots know all about things like that. In fact they are close to God. If you doubt that, ask them, and I am sure they will tell you.
And one last thing, watch out for the low idle, it will build up lead on the plugs at a speed you will not believe!
Next week I will tell you how to line up on the airstrip, and how to get the tailwheel lock to work, even in a strong crosswind.
I remember when I was flying the Hawker in Afganistan, back in '21 I think. Hawker was a contractor on the Airbus wasn't it?....

PETERJ
19th Oct 2001, 15:10
:) :) :) I hereby nominate this thread as the "Funniest thread of 2001"....so far !!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Lu Zuckerman
19th Oct 2001, 16:51
Another point to consider during the takeoff process is the uncommanded retraction of either the flaps or slats. Air Canada experienced the uncommanded retraction of the flaps during takeoff on an A320 and only the application of full power and a lot of good piloting saved the day.

genius-747
19th Oct 2001, 17:01
when taking off rotate about 55 kias
positave rate - retract the landing gear
check your oil t's and p's and make sure you
have enough fuel (jet -a1) for your journey.. at least 15-18 gallons.. that is usually sufficent for an a330 for ..uhh.. about 2000 nm.

have fun..

Sick Squid
19th Oct 2001, 22:40
Skyyacht.....

Is this a general enquiry or what? Are u about to covert? If so, perhaps your company will provide full manuals and groundschool, when these points will be covered in great and (to some) boring depths.

Did I ever say, or imply it was boring? Perish the thought! No! Perhaps the most accesible manuals ever seen in Civil Aviation; well written, clear, concise, to the point and never contradictory. Ever. Oh no.

I got away you know... they never found me out, and checked me to the line. You are not getting the laptop back. I need it for the lesson on take-off as I can never remember the maximum Magneto drop with water-injection on.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Skyyacht, without whom a certain major airlines Airbus fleet would be full of pilots immensly more bewildered than they currently are!

(You owe me a beer, by the way, for that. Was that good enough!)

AIRBUS58
20th Oct 2001, 21:41
I see that Sept 11 has affected us all .If I asked that question before the 11th I would have no problem getting the question answerwed. It was a general enquire about the take off of the airbus from the pilots point of view . Does this mean that technical questions in future will not be answered on the Tech log !!
Ps I got some funny answered

MarkD
22nd Oct 2001, 18:28
hmmm... am waiting for Jack Straw to ban spotter books and FS2002 from the public - although some folk on this board would be jumping for joy at the thought... :D

sabenapilot
22nd Oct 2001, 20:42
hey guys, don't aks so stupid.
I guess 9 out of 1O just answered the way they tdid because they don't know the real answers.
Anyway, just to make sure you all have something to think about for a few days, here's an interesting link. http://www.meriweather.com/a320/320_main.html

Fil
26th Oct 2001, 10:00
No no no, you've all got it wrong. According to one of the Stewardess's in my company (apparently a true story), 'The Airbus is really good, all the pilots do is press a button and it takes off!'

Therefore in answer to your question

Press the button marked 'Take-Off'

Human Factor
27th Oct 2001, 02:51
Ah, that's where I've been going wrong all this time!! I thought it was something to do with pulling back on the stick! :D