PDA

View Full Version : 737 FMC question: auto sequencing of waypoints

End_of_Descent
12th Oct 2001, 11:57
I am currently involved in a discussion about the 737 classic (-400) FMC. Unfortunately, due to lack of detailed knowledged about the 737 in particular I wonder whether someone can support or reject my point of view.

The discussion is about whether the 737-400 FMC auto-sequences the waypoints of the active route in the FMC LEGS page - when the a/c is flown manually, e.g. all automatics (F/D and A/P and hence LNAV) are switched off.
Obviously it does with LNAV being active but what happens to auto-sequencing when 1) LNAV is switched off and 2) when F/D and A/P are switched off?

I know that the 747-400 FMC does auto-sequence waypoints with all autoflight systems switched off, and I am pretty sure that the 757/767 FMC does as well. I have no first hand information about the 737.

Surely I am aware that there are differences between the 744 and 734 FMCs. However, considering the similarities across the Boeing FMCs I cannot imagine that auto-sequencing does not work in the 734!

Any 737 drivers who could possibly comment on that issue?

Thanks for any help,

E/D

Track
12th Oct 2001, 13:53
To my knowledge and interpretation of the 737-classic AOM the first waypoint will remain active until you pass abeam, it will then auto-switch to the next waypoint regardless of AFS status.

------------------
Track