PDA

View Full Version : New stands at MAN

MAN777
11th Oct 2003, 22:49
Manchester has announced plans for 8 new stands at terminal 3, where are these going to be built ?

chiglet
12th Oct 2003, 03:03
AFAIK, they are "painted" stands at the "Juliette" holds, although there could be a couple of new ones
we aim to please, it keeps the cleaners happy

bagpuss lives
12th Oct 2003, 06:18
As chig says I believe some of the extra stands are in the "lay-by" on Juliet - currently used for push and park purposes mostly.

MAN777
13th Oct 2003, 04:46
So for the price of a few gallons of paint, we get 8 new stands !. Wonder how much the airport gets charged for the job ?

Scottie Dog
30th Oct 2003, 00:38
Anyone got any idea what time scale is being talked about for these new stands?

Chiglet - time for a drink?

bagpuss lives
30th Oct 2003, 01:58
I'm not sure about the timescale to be honest but I can confirm that the new stands will be in the Juliet "loop" that is currently used frequently for "push and park" purposes.

There's plenty of room in there for a few E145s / RJXs / DH8Cs etc etc.

The south bay is also to be made a little more "official" too with stands "SB1", "SB2" etc being more clearly marked and fully illuminated.

It is also my understanding that at some point next year the stand 60 area is to be expanded (some of the portacabins in the area will be removed / relocated) as is the NEA apron.

chiglet
30th Oct 2003, 03:56
NF/Scottie et al.
Heard [quietly] today that the stands may not come to fruition :confused: ...it's only a "rumour" though:O
we aim to please, it keeps the cleaners happy
Scottie, will pm you later

BN2A
30th Oct 2003, 19:24
Stand 215 doen't have a 'Left' or 'Right'.... There's two more we could have!!

Maybe also, 210 'Left a bit more but not too far', or 206 'Centre but you can go a bit right if you want'.....

:=

Come to think of it, Victor Alpha 1 seems almost permanently occupied!!!! ;)

bagpuss lives
31st Oct 2003, 13:43
And for the weekend the B4 area will become a new stand for a certain shiny white aeroplane ;)

MAN777
1st Nov 2003, 02:52
"Shiny white" I dont think so, G BOAC is filthy, obviously not had a wash in a while. Pity MAPLC fire brigade didnt put some detergent in their water arch !!.
Now that would have been a great foam party !