PDA

View Full Version : Skywest New Logo - what do you think!?

Stick Pusher
11th Oct 2003, 11:45
Now that the first aircraft is painted (the F-100), just wondering what people think of the new logo? I think it looks mint myself! :ok: ;) :O Believe it is suppose to represent the clear blue WA sky with the sun, as would be seen through a camera lens or aircraft window - like it! :D

cheers,

SP

p.s hope the URL works below, otherwise airliner.net have shots of the F100...

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=437048&WxsIERv=Rm9ra2VyIDEwMCAoRi0yOC0wMTAwKQ%3D%3D&WdsYXMg=U2t5d2VzdCBBaXJsaW5lcw%3D%3D&QtODMg=UGVydGggKFBFUiAvIFlQUEgp&ERDLTkt=QXVzdHJhbGlhIC0gV2VzdGVybiBBdXN0cmFsaWE%3D&ktODMp=T2N0b2JlciAyMDAz&BP=0&WNEb25u=SWFuIE1veQ%3D%3D&xsIERvdWdsY=VkgtRk5Z&MgTUQtODMgKE=&YXMgTUQtODMgKERD=MjQ%3D&NEb25uZWxs=MjAwMy0xMC0wOQ%3D%3D&static=yes&size=L

ditzyboy
11th Oct 2003, 16:30
The word 'Skywest' could be bigger or bolder. The windows break it up too much, in my opinion. Otherwise very sharp and professional - especially for a smaller company. I quite like it. The shade of blue is very nice too.

MU2
12th Oct 2003, 15:02
Yep, looks great, can't wait to number 2 and 3 soon.....

Buster Hyman
12th Oct 2003, 15:11
A bit Ho-Hum IMHO. I think the tail colours going down through the fuselage is a bit tired now, quite a number of carriers doing it these days. The tail logo looks a bit South American to me as well....I have no idea what that means though!:confused:

Tail_Wheel
12th Oct 2003, 15:33
Question: Did Skywest lease F100 VH-FNY from Alliance, or has the aircraft owner leased the aircraft to Skywest?

If Alliance are reputed to be getting more F100's, (thus obviously have a need for more F100's) why would they lease one of only two F100's to Skywest?

Something doesn't make sense here.......... :confused: :confused:

rubyredlive
12th Oct 2003, 15:38
:D :D I think the new logo looks great !!!

There will always be those who have to knock anything to do with skywest. :* :eek: Probably becuase they have nothing better to do......

Well done to those who had a hand in it :ok:

RRL

jetpipe
12th Oct 2003, 16:26
Tail Wheel

Alliance have 2 F100's and Skywest 1, that makes 3 on the register.

Cruze Power

How can you have to much detail and no definition?
With your comments on the funding and the others you have posted recently on other topics, Skywest must have really upset you some time ago.
Hope you get over it.

Stick Pusher
13th Oct 2003, 07:54
Tailwheel, FNY is Skywest's own bird now in it's own right. Alliance has absolutely nothing to do with Skywest anymore.

Cruze, I hear that the loads on the BRM service are fantastic, so we will just have to wait and see shall we...

Capt Basil Brush
13th Oct 2003, 08:22
I think the SKYWEST name could be a little bigger. "It represents the clear blue sky of W.A", not on this particular day by the looks of it. A bit of a storm brewing on the horizon.

outback aviator
13th Oct 2003, 09:04
:O actually 85 in:ok:

cunninglinguist
13th Oct 2003, 09:52
Cruze, a little brutal, but on the money I think.

The paint scheme looks OK in my opinion.

I'm sure the BRM service is enjoying great loads but what about the yield ??

More of them ?, where are they going to go ? They will experience the same probs Airlink did 9 years ago, the difference being that Skywests pockets are not nearly as deep as QFs.

topend3
13th Oct 2003, 11:25
yep, saturdays service was chockas coming back, have friends travelling down with xr and it was around $300 cheaper than qf, here is where cunninlinguist makes a good point, high load factor is only one side of the equation, if the yield is crap the service will lose money, maybe xr can subisidise this with the argyle service.

a lot of the seats are deep discounted, $250 one way, or sold with dirt cheap holiday packages, good luck to them tho, i hope they do well, tho when virgin enters the market tha will be the test.

Nolights-essential3
13th Oct 2003, 15:45
Stick-pusher, you ol' ******, how are you?
......ages since I climbed on your roof on a Sunday evening!
...Lumberjack is here this week apparently...gotta catch up.

viva La France, dude!

PS...nice ship...needs more color...are you on it?

MU2
13th Oct 2003, 15:57
CRZ POWER,

Or lack of, after reading your comments about xr, i can only think of one thing to say, YOU HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM.

Capn Bloggs
13th Oct 2003, 16:14
Sorry for the dig but...perhaps BME is being subsidised by the monopoly routes Skywest operate to ESP, ALB and GEL, as well as govt rules preventing other operators getting into LEO just because XR go there RPT? A tad unfair, I think.

Still, it's a fantastic aeroplane and looks great, apart from the landing I saw a couple of weeks back that touched down AFTER the 24 intersection!! Nice bit of low flying, that! Speedbrake out a bit earlier, chaps!

QF skywalker
13th Oct 2003, 16:52
are the cabin crew still wearing ansett uniforms ?

pullock
13th Oct 2003, 17:36
it's not a scratch on the cockie:{

GoNorth
13th Oct 2003, 17:58
The colour looks great to me. Makes a nice change from red.

Cruze...I'm another one that will bet against you.

Broome and the surrounding towns/communities that feed off Broome have been screaming out for a morning flight ever since Ansett went under. Airlink had poor loads at the time due to poor schedule times. Ansett was the first jet in...and the last jet out. Great for the business market and great for freight. What people forget is not everyone in Broome is on Holiday. Ansett had this figured out at the time and had the loads.

I believe there are already rumours of Skywest planning to go 7 days a week.

:ok:

Stick Pusher
13th Oct 2003, 18:35
Ah RM by fine feathered friend!!! How goes it in the land of the long white cloud? Well I trust? How are the Beasts?
How I do miss you acrobatic late night antics you 'old hound!!!
Do catch up with L, hope all goes well!

Are you ever coming back over to your roots for a catch up? Alas I won't be over there for the for seeable future.

p.s next year....

p.p.s This was a thread about the paint scheme remember kids!

jetpipe
13th Oct 2003, 19:27
Cruze Power

Where do you find such detail about the workings of Skywest? Hopefully not the media!

I would love to be able to source that sort of info about every other Airline, so that we can all see how they are run.

Just one thought.

If QF average $400 per seat and XR $300 per seat how does the maths work out when the 146 carries 71 and the F100 97, if you use a similar load factor.

60% 0f 71 *$400 = $17040
60% of 97 * $300= $17460

Broome now has two airlines servicing the port with a similar service level. Only the customers will really know what the price is and they will ultimately decide if XR is to survive on the route.

Transition Layer
13th Oct 2003, 19:59
If a locally run airline competing against the White Rat is going to work anywhere, it's gotta be WA!

Those Sandgropers are a damn parochial bunch - they don't like us much "over east"!

:D
TL (stands back and waits for missiles inbound)

Venture_Executive
13th Oct 2003, 20:15
I think the colour scheme is a reasonably good attempt to find a timeless image. It really depends on whether you want to keep an image in mind that is easily recalled e.g. like Lufthansa's Tail Logo - that would be a little difficult with this arrangement, it being somewhat complex.

I too tend to agree, the "Skywest" signage needs to be bolder as the windows do seem to distort the signage's otherwise nice lines.

Anyway, a nice change.

skyways
13th Oct 2003, 20:43
cabin crew are all wearing AN uniforms, the new namebadges have the XR logo

dirtylittlefokker
13th Oct 2003, 21:26
Great aircraft. Great Logo.

What was that about clear Western Australian skies???

Looks like NZ in the background to me!

:}

orva
13th Oct 2003, 21:28
Beware Scotty! Don't rub QF up the wrong way or Tricky Dick might send a couple of Dash-300 over from the east and put em on GEL and ALBANY!!

SkySista
13th Oct 2003, 23:54
So *that* was the sexy bird that flew by my place the other day.... was wondering whose it was.....

Now I see the logo detail, it makes sense. That's the one thing - I am virtually under the flight path and couldn't make it out - though I like the idea. Shade of blue is nice too. Different from the Ansett and NJ blues. Good point about the lettering - looks a bit broken up but otherwise nice scheme.

Only gripe I have is some yellow would have been nice. Probably just AN-nostalgia kicking in :p

SkySista

Stick Pusher
14th Oct 2003, 00:56
Cruze, if you are trying to get a bit I'll have a nibble...

I'm yet to understand why you think FNY is Alliance's aircraft? Cross-hired? I think not. Might want to get that right...

"not a clever idea to rip into the market of the company that provides a large part of your essential services.............and they are not happy with the efforts of XR." - what large part of essential service? except for FF, their is nothing QF does for XR, and as for QF not being happy about it? Where do you get that from...?

As for hotel schedules, I don't believe airlines have ever designed their schedule around what the check-in and out times are at the Sheraton, or any other hotel for that matter, the red eye being one for starters - you might want to pick up a schedule and have a read of one some day...

And people can't start a jet operation and need experience, has some merit but where do you think Impulse, and NJ's came from? or JetBlue in the States from nowhere to absolute scores or A320's...

Broome only became a monopoly when An went. 2 airlines flew in before then and I'm sure they can in the future.

7 days a week? Better service I would feel would be the answer rather than "oh please"

Well we all know your stance, (and mine) only time will tell rather than ill informed bias or bitterness... good luck with that.:ok:

cunninglinguist
14th Oct 2003, 09:35
To quote a famous detective " just the facts Maam "

Jetpipe, 146 is not the only A/C that flies into BRM with a red tail, both the 146 and 73 have J class does the F100 ? Oh, and btw, no 146 in the Q/Link fleet has 71 seats, the configs are : 6/58, 8/68, 8/79.
I tend to agree with cruze re. the operating costs of the F100 V the 146, especially taking into account the extremely low lease costs of some of the old fruit bats, although this is speculation as none of us know exactly what these costs are, it's a fair bet though.

Dr.Phil, ADL-KGI in a Saab, does it even have that range ( 900nm ) ?? it would be fun in winter with a GS of around 150kts:yuk:

Stickshaker, lets compare apples with watermelons, Impulse went broke inside 6 months and got taken over by QF, Uncle wazza got kissed on the old fella by a fairy and woke up in bed with Australian Airlines, then by default, QF.
Yes, 2 airlines did fly into BRM, one made money, the other did'nt, the " other " one had alot more cash than Skywest and a little thing called " on carriage " , not eveyone who goes to BRM originates in Perth. I have a feeling if you phone a QF friendly travel agent over east, they are not going to book you Ml-PH with QF, then PH-BRM with skywest.

I know a few pilots with Skywest and wish them all the best................no point in blowing sunshine up their backsides though.

slice
14th Oct 2003, 11:13
Cunning - do you know if Skywest still have laid off Pilots waiting in the wings? And is WS still the CP ??

outback aviator
14th Oct 2003, 12:47
no they don't and no he is not

cunninglinguist
14th Oct 2003, 13:37
........and my lips did'nt even move:cool:

skywest_xr
14th Oct 2003, 17:42
As for the tail, I think it looks more like a snow flake than the sun.

And I feel snow really doesnt do WA justice.

As for pax flying to BME ex MEL, I do beleive QF still fly a 738 DCT MEL-BME-MEL.

cunninglinguist
15th Oct 2003, 05:53
Yeh, ok, that was just an example but I don't think the ML-BRM flight is 2 or 3 times daily which you can do with the connections.

Oh, and the snowflake has been more applicable than sun lately:hmm:

topend3
16th Oct 2003, 08:21
Cruze Power,

why does the f100 arrive in broome 6 hours before the hotel's open? my reliable source informs me that the aircraft meets a certain helicopter carrier in broome which works in well with the planned departure time bme at 1430 or so, so they have done their homework on this one, loads are good and there is heaps of freight going on this one too. If you are so informed about the goings on at xr you would have heard that they have posted a loss for the last financial year, but look like returning to profitability next year. I think we should give them some credit here, instead of being all doom and gloom, i don't think you know half as much as you claim...interesting article here in the west from yesterday...

Skywest positive despite $2m loss

By Geoffrey Thomas and John Phaceas

SKYWEST Airlines has reported an operating loss of $2.2 million for 2002-03, reflecting the tough conditions still facing Australia's regional airline industry.

But Skywest said it was confident of at least hitting its $2.4 million profit target this year, after one-off gains from financial restructuring helped it squeak back into the black.

Skywest yesterday booked a headline net profit of $546,000 for 2002-03 on revenue of $47.5 million and net operating cash flow of $2.8 million.

The result compared to a $1.37 million loss the previous year, but was boosted by a $3.7 million one-off gain on the settlement of leasing liabilities attached to its fleet of five Fokker F50 aircraft, and a $900,000 Government grant.

Skywest was able to restructure its leasing arrangements for its fleet, previously valued at $13.1 million, with the Commonwealth Bank and the Ansett administrators.

The airline is now buying the aircraft for $9.4 million, through a $6.5 million loan from CBA, a $1.3 million loan from the Ansett administrators and a cash payment of $1.6 million.

Managing director Scott Henderson said the restructure had created a strong platform for the future, noting Skywest was virtually debt free and had been profitable since the June quarter when it booked an operating surplus of $128,000.

"We have been trading profitably for six months and expect to at least meet our forecast net profit of $2.4 million in the current financial year," he said.

"The restructure of our debt and the financing of the fleet were vital to the future of this business. We are now in a position where our balance sheet is strong, operational performance has improved significantly and our profit profile is robust."

Mr Henderson said the airline was already beating its monthly targets and stood a good chance of beating its full year targets.

It was also starting to expand its business again after a period of consolidation.

Earlier this month, Skywest launched a Perth-Broome service, using a Fokker 100 jet in direct competition with its alliance partner Qantas.

Despite industry doubts about the move, especially with Virgin Blue indicating its interest in offering a similar service, Mr Henderson said it had been a big success so far.

"Usually, when you start a service like this it takes time to ramp it up, but we've been carrying 80 per cent load factors," he said. "I think it's a recognition that we are a West Australian brand and that people are supporting us."

topend3
25th Oct 2003, 16:07
SH is in Europe at the mo, sourcing an additional F100, this a/c to be used on the Karratha route commencing January, XR will also know this month if they have won the Learmonth/Cocos/Christmas contract off NJS.

tightcannon
26th Oct 2003, 05:52
i guess the one thing everybody forgets is that even though WA is percieved to be full of anal retentive pax who never travel anywhere the rality is quite different. Western Australians will not travel in a product that they dont know. Dash 8's maybe with QF but SAAB's SWORD ME. Why does everybody go on about the bloody SAAB. Imagine having a load of 35 pax in Laverton or further north putting up with a SAAB in January all the way to Perth, I guess those of you who think Dubbo or Coff's is a long way should really get a atlas out.
Now as for Skywest back before the war there was this small operation called MMA (Ansett WA) that flew little jet aeroplanes all over the state, yes they were crewed by pilots that looked at life differently than their eastern states cousins but jeeze they made some money. if Skywest get a few more F100's and show some fight then once again WA can have a real airline.
And before any of you get the barb out please just remove Argyle,Newman,Yandi,Paraburdoo, northwestshelf, Burrup,Dampier,Wheatbelt, goldfields, 2FTS, Fishing industry, Australia 2, Rally Australia and the best beaches from your Eastern State budgets and lets us have a lowwing, rear engined jet fleet.

FL CH
26th Oct 2003, 14:41
I think you will find there will be at least 6 new F100's in OZ by this time next year. At least 1 maybe 2 for Skywest and 4 more for Alliance.

bitter balance
26th Oct 2003, 15:39
What are Alliance going to do with 4 extra F100s?

Pimp Daddy
26th Oct 2003, 15:55
What are Alliance going to do with 4 extra F100s?

Arrange them in a pleasing manner outside their hanger?

Capn Bloggs
26th Oct 2003, 22:46
Tightcannon,

They'll be low-winged, orright, but they'll have the donks under the wings an' Skywest won't be flyin' em either!

PS: Yandi doesn't exist anymore: it's got a ditch going thru the middle of it.

skywest_xr
26th Oct 2003, 23:55
Hey topend3,

Longtime no hear.

anyway, excuse my ignorance, but are Skywest returning to KTA next year?

They only just pulled out of there. Disbanded there KTA offices and put a handful of Skystar staff out of the job.

GoNorth
27th Oct 2003, 14:36
Baw ha ha! you're a funny guy cruze! :ok: You're obviously a 146 pilot and concerned about your future. The F100 parked next to a 146 generates a lot of talk and it ain't about the 146. But hey you think it's all crap. Now why would people want to travel on an aircraft which is bigger, faster and climbs higher when they can travel on the 146 and get there 20 mins later. :)

Kanga767
27th Oct 2003, 14:44
In a tone of 'history repeating itself', I'd like to think the Dutch jets once again transit Darwin.

K

Ref + 10
27th Oct 2003, 16:58
Weren't we all reading rumours of Skywest going under over 12 months ago now?

They seem to be heading in a more profitable direction at the moment from all I've seen, heard and read. If they can make it through that then it surely looks rosier now compared to back then.

Talking about hotel check-in times and the like doesn't really negate the fact that the operation seems heading back to what it was pre 2001.

I'll get off my soap box now.

MU2
27th Oct 2003, 17:21
Where's G.T. , Nothing positive to say???

Gunnadothat
27th Oct 2003, 21:49
Having travelled both XR to YARG and QF to other places, I can honestly say as SLF that the service on XR was far superior - so what there were no movies, I'm happy to get just the service on any leg shorter than three hours......;)

nice new logo on the tail, and an upbeat optimistic air to the organisation - - well done, and keep it up!

topend3
28th Oct 2003, 13:52
HEY SKYWEST_XR

CHECK YOUR PM'S BUDDY

geoffrey thomas
28th Oct 2003, 19:02
You know MU2 I am still waiting for you to tell me where I reported "everything little thing that was happening at Skywest". Can't can you, becuase I didn't and you know it!!!
I am not reporting anything because at the moment there is nothing positive to report ....perhaps soon?.
GT

Capn Bloggs
28th Oct 2003, 20:22
Go North,

Geez, you're a tad touchy about this aren't you?

Perhaps you could explain the "bigger" bit: do you mean about the bigger 146 cabin, the bigger (and softer) landing gear of the 146, and the bigger (higher) weights off the ground hot and high of the 146? Or was there something else "bigger" you know about that we don't?

Last pax I talked to couldn't give two hoots about faster and higher: they just want the right price and good service, and I can assure you that you don't have a monopoly on either of those.

GoNorth
29th Oct 2003, 09:35
Capn Bloggs

Nah not touchy just having a go at the knockers.

If the 146 is the way to go then why do NJS feel so threatened? Skywest is offering a service which Qantas/Qantaslink wont, can't or don't want to know about providing. So why knock em?

Bigger. The external size of the aircraft. First impressions last for pax. If you are prepared to tell me that the 146 is bigger than the F100 than you might want to get your eyes tested. Never heard of a pax wanting to travel on an aircraft because it had a bigger landing gear.

Pax not wanting to get there faster? Are you kidding me??? How about a reality check!

And for the record...I don't work for skywest.

:)

Capn Bloggs
29th Oct 2003, 21:24
Go North,

I'm not knocking anyone, just commenting on your previous post.

NJS threatened? NJS don't even fly to BME. IF they did, XR would be in serious trouble, I'd suspect.

As for size, I consider the size of the cabin to be the most important, not what it looks like on the outside. Check out the cabin dimensions of the 146 and the F100 and get back to me if you like.

As for the speed, it's the fares that count, not 20 minutes over 3 hours. And IF the fares were the same, how many pax would even bother to ask "how fast does this thing go?".

As for the gear, the only impression that a pax takes with them after the flight is the service, the PAs and the landing. That is why I made the comment about the landing gear.

Stick Pusher
30th Oct 2003, 23:43
Wake up Sh? Wake up cruz!

Do you really know the true loads and yields of XR? Do you... no, really, do you...? Only the company will - not you.
I've been watching my post with interest, be it deviate from the origional intent, but what comes out of it is that you are a knocker, and always will be no matter what they do. Good on them for giving it a go and from all accounts doing a good job. Posts like Dr. Phil and Gonnadothat are refreshing. Inteligent posts like ".....obviously...." and the rest of your spray don't even warrant notice by those above you. Lets just leave it and put it down to a well respected organisation doing it's best, coming from oblivion, to starting their first RPT service in thier own jet and doing it well. Good on them no mattter which trench you sit in. Time will tell, as always, but I wish them all the best! It's good for all in this industry and that's all that needs to be said on the matter.

By the way, yes the new look looks great!

Cheers F F!!!:ok: :ok: :ok:

topend3
31st Oct 2003, 13:30
couldn't agree more with you stick pusher, cruze power's whinings and bleatings about XR become boring after a while and not worth responding to as he obviously doesn't know half as much as he makes out.

i too say "good on you" to Skywest for giving it a go with the F100, and i think the only people who believe they CAN do it are the people at Skywest. SH is a very intelligent man with a fantastic background in airlines with UNITED especially. Do you think with his track record he would be running this service at fares that could not cover the costs of the operation? I don't...it all comes down to aircraft type, and the F100 is a sensationally economic type to operate, SH isn't going to run the company into the ground, sure they are probably operating on thin margin's but who isn't? that's the nature of the game...

the other dick who annoys me is that MU2 prat, Geoffrey you are right, he doesn't know what he's on about, i like reading your articles.

interestingly, hydraulic problems on the F100 yesterday forced them to charter a 146, NJT, on the GYL run, FNY back in service today i believe...

Capn Bloggs
2nd Nov 2003, 20:33
Ah Ha! A real aeroplane does the job when the light twin can't hack the pace!

Very smart thinking by XR, actually, having 3 "spare" jets "down the road", just waiting to be chartered for a rescue. Arh so what if it's a cross-charter once in a while?!

Stick Pusher
2nd Nov 2003, 23:52
Happens to plenty of others at Perth NJ's Skippers to name a few. Nature of the beast and a bit of murphy's law. Nice bit of reporting again GT in the paper this week. Your bias never ceases to amaze me , funny how you never report on the scores of other breakdowns, incidents and crosshires on the airfield, negative pickings again and again, look forward to you doing some real journalism, not sensationalism. Don't you ever get tired of knocking a company that has come from oblivion to getting their first jet and now doing RPT with it? Oh sorry that would be postive reporting and against your obvious natural bias and the interest of your devout readers, look forward to your next aviation award...:yuk:

Kanga767
3rd Nov 2003, 12:14
well, are we gonna see that beaut logo in Darwin or what?

PER-BME-DRW return. F28, just like to old days....

K

Turbiney
4th Nov 2003, 21:09
Good luck to Skywest. So far SH has done nothing but do what appears to be best for the company.

Hats off to him and best of luck with the new operations.

Seems like he had rid the company of all its dead wood, and is moving it into the future. Very much against the "W"ait "A"while nature the company grew up in. :ok:

topend3
7th Nov 2003, 09:52
a new rumour i heard this week - the board has approved the acquisition of the F100 NO. 2, and they may use it on the Perth-Geraldton run, Skippers will be starting Bras services on this route by years end...

soon XR will know if they have won the PER-LEA-COCOS-XMAS run

Agent86
7th Nov 2003, 14:38
Sorry chaps but XR won't be buying any duty free for at least another five years. NJS win another one.

What IS the F100 going to do ??

topend3
11th Nov 2003, 09:00
cruze power, my source could not get closer to the action

topend3
17th Nov 2003, 14:15
flying it cruze power!!!

karratha and other places, new contracts perhaps, as said previously, scotty is a bright boy, they won't bring another one in if they don't have the work....

Traffic
17th Nov 2003, 16:10
The only thing missing from the new paint job is the Union Jack...to reflect the fact that they are offering jobs to ex-pat to-and-froms but not to a bunch of expat WA-born high-hour heavy drivers forced offshore and keen to get home.

Mike Huntaches
17th Nov 2003, 17:26
Hey traffic did ya miss the job advert all those months ago?
wa,wa,wa,wa,wa,waaaaaaaaaaaa.:{:yuk: :{ :*

Traffic
17th Nov 2003, 21:03
Pork Hunt

No...just don't have a Pommy passport...

Stick Pusher
17th Nov 2003, 22:03
Traffic. I'm sorry but you've lost me on your posts, what do you mean?

Traffic
18th Nov 2003, 20:22
SP

The basic point is that there are probably 50 Perth guys with over 10,000 hrs (4,000 command jet time) who would qualify for Skywest...and a good number of them would fly in the right hand seat of an F50 for AUD 36,000 a year.

The question is ...why do Poms get a leg up for this charity work and our very own get f.......d over?????? Isn't it time we started looking after our own?

D'pirate
19th Nov 2003, 10:13
Skywest is expanding and the attitude and logo are great - so perhaps those 50 "Perth Guys" and any others out there should get their CVs in! BTW pay for a F50 FO is better than 50K :D gentlefolks hours and you get to live in Perth too!

Traffic -No charity cases but you do need to be Aussie (or have PR), an Aussie licence, decent experience and an ego that doesn't get in the way of your career
:cool:

apacau
21st Nov 2003, 04:13
Heard Scott Henderson speak earlier this week at the AAA convention. Great to see someone positive about the industry, positive and upbeat and PROUD of his airline. He mentioned that after chatting with GD, GD was amazed how skywest managed to negotiate with the unions for all employees to take a 10% pay cut

One more F100 in Dec and 2 more in 2004 with an expanding network. Hope they're not moving too quickly but I wish them all the best.

cunninglinguist
22nd Nov 2003, 06:23
there's a big difference between going to your workers and saying " guys, we need to cut costs or we may not have jobs " and " guys we need to cut costs so I can earn another $500,000 in bonuses ", don't ya think, GD ?:hmm: