PDA

View Full Version : game comments

cjam
11th Oct 2003, 02:33
Good on the Argies for giving it a nudge but fairly average all round I thought. If that was England or the AB's, maybe even France, the Wannabies would have got a thrashing. More handling errors than can be justified and very little ability to finish considering the opportunities that were presented.
On a positive note....did anyone see that S.A. singer during the opening?

Sheep Guts
11th Oct 2003, 04:18
Havent it seen yet. But if its as you say then we need some luck with this one. The only thing going for Australia is that we arent favourites which in turn deflects allot of media pressure, or does it?

Ive got FOX SPORTS here in Jamaica so I see the Rugby and saw the Panthers wip the Roosters the other day. A little delayed but hey....its ok

Regards
Sheep

GO WALLABIES!

lame
11th Oct 2003, 10:18
Note that the first points in the competition were scored by a Queenslander, and also the first try of the competition was scored by another Queenslander...... ;) :ok:

otto the grot
11th Oct 2003, 11:29
I reckon the "wannabies" did O.K. although they won't get away with the little mistakes they made last night against the likes of the Kiwis and Poms or even Guinness.

The Pumas are pretty unpredictable. They'll try anything against the big guys 'cause they've got nothing to lose and this makes it hard for any team to control the game. The Aussies up against a more structured oponent will come into there own. I always thought that Eddie Jones has got his timing right for this comp.

Fingers crossed aye.

lame
11th Oct 2003, 15:23
New Zealand have just defeated Italy, 70-7......

lame
12th Oct 2003, 04:54
Now also big wins, as expected, to Ireland, South Africa and France.

30/30 Green Light
13th Oct 2003, 07:25
And the first tries in the first two games were both scored by ex Broncos,Sailor and Thorn - Oh dear!

cjam
13th Oct 2003, 14:50
I think that Umaga's injury may be a blessing in disguise for the AB's as now they will be able to justify having Carter on the field the whole time and Spencer can consentrate on running instead of learning how to kick. Their No. 1 weakness may go.