PDA

View Full Version : Glasses

Krallu
10th Oct 2003, 16:12
Hii there!

Just would like to speak out.
Feeling a little frustrated. But I don't think I need to.

All my life in childhoos I've had perfect vision without glasses. But nowadays in my years 20-23 I've developed some myopia. I've tried different methods and it gets better. But it might be a chance that I need glasses to get a class 1 medical.

I've always would likt to manage and feel great to get rid of and not need to have glasses with flying. But it feels that there is a risk that I need to have it. I'm not used to glasses feels they are in the way.

But I will not give up my fliying plans.

Whirlybird
10th Oct 2003, 16:45
Same thing happened to me, and I hated glasses too. I discovered daily disposable contact lenses and all was well. :ok: :ok: :ok:

Flyin'Dutch'
10th Oct 2003, 18:39
Some folks use eye exercises to overcome small refractive errors and report varying degrees of success. I am not sure there is an awful lot of good evidence to suggest it works.

As Whirly says contacts can be great and I wear monthly disposable ones which you basically only have to change, as the name suggests once a month.

Have fun.

FD

Krallu
13th Oct 2003, 13:55
Thanks for the tips. I know there aren't much you can do about my problem. But it feels great that someone is listening to me.

By the way, somebody having some knowledge in the JAA eye requirements. I've read about 0,7 on each eye, and 1.0 binocular. Is that right? I know where I can find the paragraph saying this. But it is hard to interpret what it really says.

I understand the text like that I can manage to read 0,7 with each eye and 1.0 with both eyes then it is perfectly ok without glasses? Sombeody can confirm this?