PDA

View Full Version : Karratha resident's unhappy with QF

topend3
10th Oct 2003, 13:23
There was an article in yesterdays "WEST AUSTRALIAN", a very small one, which spoke of the Karratha resident's unhappiness with the constant delays with QF services to the town. In it, the Shire President has apparently asked Virgin Blue to commence a "bi-weekly" service to the town. David huttner, VB's head of comm. has responded by saying that there is no way Virgin will entertain the idea as KTA is a monopoly, and DJ would need a resource contract such as Woodside to make the route viable.

Interesting!!

Sperm Bank
10th Oct 2003, 18:26
It will be ineresting when the contracts come up for tender. Bet there will be plenty of rhetoric flying then.

Z Force
11th Oct 2003, 13:43
I remember Virgin stating they were intending to go to Karratha some time ago.

cunninglinguist
13th Oct 2003, 10:09
When I was flying into KA, most of the delays were caused by choppers being late,and there was never any significant amount of delays in any case.

As usual, a few people whinge about something and it gets turned into " the whole of Karratha is unhappy " by the media.

They seem to be a fickle mob up north, I remember well when Airlink pulled out of PD due to the pi$$ poor support from the locals and they whinged about that ! then they whinged when Ansett went bottoms up, about Airlink A/C which were identical to what they had been flying in with Ansett !:yuk: