PDA

View Full Version : question regarding FAA to JAA IR

mystic_av8r
10th Oct 2003, 00:37
I have an FAA CPL/IR but only S.E, does this IR allow any "discount" of hours required on the multi JAA IR? I know a current ICAO multi IR reduces the minimum course to that required for 170A, but what about a FAA SE IR to JAA multi IR?
Thanx.

dorosenco
10th Oct 2003, 06:48
mystic_av8r,

check my website www.passion2fly.com link "JAA Conversions". All the answers are there ...

:O

Charlie Zulu
10th Oct 2003, 15:32
Hi Dorosenco,

I am also interested in this being a holder of an FAA CPL/IR ASEL.

All the requirements say is, "holders of ICAO IR's are eligible to convert to the JAA IR..."

So does that mean ASEL IR's as well as AMEL IR's?

I'm off to Naples next March to do my Multi Addon to the FAA CPL/IR anyway, but in the mean time just wondering...

Best wishes,

Charlie Zulu.

Megaton
10th Oct 2003, 18:28
I'm converting a FAA SE IR at the moment. Minimum requirement from CAA is 15 hrs aircraft plus 5 hrs FNPT I. There are a number of different ways to skin the cat and the School is qeurying this figure with the CAA since the Regulations are a bit confusing. LASORS lay down the requirements for ICAO conversion in one para and elsewhere discusses the requirements for ICAO SE IR to JAR ME IR. When I get a defintive answer from the CAA I will post back here.

dorosenco
11th Oct 2003, 03:33
an IR is an IR....
if you decide to take it in a SE airplane you will only have a SE IR and an additional test is required for ME IR.
if you take the test in a ME airplane will you automatically have a SE IR issued also.

the only problem is that if you don't hold a FAA MEP Class rating you will have to add a MEP Class to your JAR-FCL CPL SE before taking the ME IR flight test. if you already hold a FAA MEP Class rating (valid!) you don't have to take any MEP Class flight test before the ME IR !

:ok: