PDA

View Full Version : SIA Stewardess reports molest by SQ Captain

Lee
9th Oct 2003, 12:12
Reported in The Straits Times of 8 October 2003, Prime News, Page 3:

SIA stewardess says she was molested on flight

By Rebecca Lee

A Singapore Airlines stewardess has complained that a company pilot molested her while they were on board a flight to Amsterdam,

Sources said the incident happened at the end of August.

The pilot involved is said to be a Captain and a Canadian, who was flying as a passenger to the Netherland's capital.

He was sitting in the economy-class cabin and allegedly touched a junior stewardess on the chest.

The stewardess was on duty. She told the inflight supervisor who, along with the captain who was piloting the plane, made a police report when they touched down in Amsterdam.

SIA yesterday confirmed that such an incident has been reported to the company but did not confirm the details.

Spokesman Rick Clements said "An incident was reported by one of our stewardess and is the subject of an internal investigation.

"The company takes all such allegations seriously and is investigating the matter. If the allegation is proven, appropriate disciplinary measures will be taken."

He would not elaborate on the investigation, but The Straits Times understands that as this case involves a captain, it will be handled by SIA's senior management.

A disciplinary inquiry is believed to be scheduled for the end of the month.

At this inquiry, accuser and accused will give their accounts of what hapened, and witnesses will be called to give evidence.

A senior SIA pilot said: "I was shocked to hear this. This is not a common occurence."

Your comments fellow Ppruners.

Minosavy Masta
9th Oct 2003, 13:28
Sitting in Economy huh ???:hmm: ..

swish266
9th Oct 2003, 21:21
Sure was not d one that joined me in the Men's sauna in FRA's Marriott hotel a month ago...
I was so lucky the Ladies' was not hot enough!

Lee
10th Oct 2003, 02:59
If the Stewardess wanted to nail the Captain, she could make a personal police report to the Singapore Police, and of course the Singapore Police will investigate the alleged molest.

And if the Police finds any case in the matter, he will be charged in court.

sq111
10th Oct 2003, 09:40
Stressed by Econony Seat Syndrome :hmm:

Steward doing full monty, captain molesting stewardess, what next? Altho I don't mind stewardess doing full monty or molest me :D

bateman
11th Oct 2003, 13:39
Lets just hope that the airline remembers the premise upon which all law is laid. Innocent until PROVEN guilty.

777Efoh
13th Oct 2003, 11:29
Although I don't subscribe to it, it is often said that in Singapore, it's "guilty until proven innocent!" :yuk:

the wizard of auz
16th Oct 2003, 10:09
Bloody pilots........ ya just can't trust em, can ya? :} :E