PDA

View Full Version : Airline destinations

multicom123
9th Oct 2003, 08:56
G'day everyone,

Im planning a trip to Brazil in Feb/March next year and am a bit unsure about where to enter and exit the country. From Australia Im guessing I will probably fly Lan Chile into Santiago.

Ideally, I would like to get a flight from Santiago into Recife (or somewhere else 'up north').... then spend a few weeks making my way down the coast to try and get a flight out of Port Alegre back into Santiago to then return home.

Is this possible? Which carriers should I consider? Any other suggestions welcome.

Bokomoko
10th Oct 2003, 03:36
Hi m123,
Gol, a Brazilian low fare carrier, and Vasp have the cheapest fares for domestic flights. However they don’t have so many direct flights from major hubs, like São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, to many cities in the northeast.
My suggestion is: Take a non-stop flight from SCL to São Paulo (GRU). Varig and Lan Chile operate this route. From São Paulo you should go to Fortaleza. Varig has a daily non-stop MD11 flight. It’s a very pleasant city and there are several and wonderful beaches to spend many days. Leaving Fortaleza you have two good options: Natal or Recife. Many airlines fly to these destinations from FOR all day long. After Natal or Recife (or both) you should go southbound via Maceio, Salvador and Rio de Janeiro. Once again, there are many flights and fares for these routes, but, in my opinion, the best choice is Varig. I’m not sure with the current flight schedule and don’t know if there’s a non-stop flight from Porto Alegre (POA) and Santiago. Anyway, if you have time, you should visit Florianopolis (unforgettable beaches and girls in the south Brazilian coast:E).
Good luck!

winglet21
10th Oct 2003, 10:53
And what dates are you planning to be there? For how long? Keep in mind the carnival week; if you are looking for that, make sure you have your hotel reservation guaranteed. Depending on how long you want to stay here I would recommend you a short (3 days) trip to the island of Fernando de Noronha. And don't miss "Floripa" in the south...

Bokomoko
10th Oct 2003, 20:45
Hey m123, check your PM...